Delorme InReach Subscription Question.

smith777

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about purchasing a used Delorme InReach SE and am curious about the subscription. Since Garmin bought Delorme, does the Delorme InReach subscription actually get set up through Garmin? And does it still work just as good as the Garmin InReach model?

I have the new inReach SE. It's very easy to choose a plan and sign up. When you power the unit on for the first time, it walks you through the steps.

I would suggest you also subscribe to the "incident notifications". That's an email you will receive whenever there is a service interruption. So far, the incidents have only affected activating new units, billing changes, and messaging abilities, not SOS. And are usually resolved in a few hours to a few days.

Suspending the service was also very easy

TBHasler

WKR
I have an original delorme and it pairs easily with their app on iphone and has worked great. As has been said, service plans are activated on Garmin site and many flexible options to select from.
If you plan on syncing to phone for most operations, I wouldn’t sweat the older delorme model vs newer garmin model. Good luck

87TT

WKR
I Have a DeLorme Inreach and the plans switched over seamlessly when Garmin bought it. The only thing I would worry about is how is the battery in the old unit. Mine is still going strong but sometimes takes a bit to get it to almost a full charge. They are internal and not changeable.