Delta and anti hunting

sdcowboy

Lil-Rokslider
In the wake of Cecil the lion's death, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines announced they would no longer allow the shipment of hunting trophies on their planes. South African Airways is now one of the only global airlines that allows the transport of hunting trophies. Add your signature to the petition below that calls on South African Airways to follow these other global airlines and establish a ban on trophy hunting transport.
Guess I'm done flying delta. Anyone else hear this. It was in my email from my delta awards. Wanting me to sign a petition.

TNArcher

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if this includes meat? Im guessing this also includes any country, as I'm flying in the lower 48. I'm flying Delta this year for free so I don't have a choice!

colonel00

WKR
I believe it is only 5 or 6 species like lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo

TEmbry

WKR
It's just the Big 5 species in Africa. I will certainly prefer other airlines, but I travel too much to guarantee I will never again fly Delta and United (two of the main airlines actually flying to Alaska).

hodgeman

WKR
I've got to wonder if this whole Delta ban is just PR window dressing... none of the several hunters I know who did Africa flew back with any trophies. They all shipped them back- finished work as well as skins/skulls. Clearing trophies through customs seems like a royal PITA.

My own Africa planning research never even brought it up as an option. This just smells like symbology over substance for a cheap PR win for the unwashed masses at the expense of a relatively small sub-set (maybe non-existent) of clients.

I've got to wonder if this whole Delta ban is just PR window dressing... none of the several hunters I know who did Africa flew back with any trophies. They all shipped them back- finished work as well as skins/skulls. Clearing trophies through customs seems like a royal PITA.

My own Africa planning research never even brought it up as an option. This just smells like symbology over substance for a cheap PR win for the unwashed masses at the expense of a relatively small sub-set (maybe non-existent) of clients.

Nailed it.

Most crate and ship by sea or freight airline to USFW port of entry. There is a reason UPS spoke up so quick and said we will still ship