Denali AK fishing

Looking to make a trip up to that greater area with the GF. We would most likely be fly into Anchorage and then getting a rental car to drive around and up to that neck of the woods. Any good guides that you would recommend? I'm mainly looking to do salmon fishing and stay away from rockfish.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
You talking about targeting salmon near the National Park? That’s at the pretty extreme limit for the kings run on the south side (you’re talking about coming from ANC). For sure no rockfish in that area, but let me know if you get in to them. Rental cars are crazy expensive right now but it’s a beautiful drive

OP
Indeepship
Yea more that just general greater area. We are more going to look at scenery. We both have never been to Ak

Htm84

WKR
Not tons of salmon fishing in Denali itself.
But deshka and talkeetna are on the way up. Lots of streams flowing into the Su to fish on. Denalis a 4 plus hour drive from ANC. Some pretty good grayling fishing oolong the Denali highway (not the park road). The only guides I know off hand are in talkeetna and that’s Phantom.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Give 3 Rivers Fly Shop in Wasilla a call and tell them the dates you’re looking to go. They’re the masters of the Parks fishing and will tell you what stream, what flies, and what guides if you’re going that route. Be sure to stop in and give them your business on your way North.

OP
Indeepship
I guess that kinda showed my ignorance to the fishing up there. I don't know why I didn't think of all the trout and the grayling. I'll forsure stop by that place. Any other good local shops to stop in at on the way up. I'll bring my xtratuffs so I don't stick out that much.