Denver folks - need gift ideas for friend having surgery

fwafwow

WKR
A friend from high school is having open heart surgery in a few days. I'd like to send gifts, for her - and to her husband (as I know the supporting spouse goes through a tough time too). They live in Denver and while they aren't hunters, they love the outdoors (especially hiking in and around the Flat Tops Wilderness), good food and beer. I was thinking REI or a Woolpower gift card, but they really like to support local businesses - hence the reason for the post. Any Denver businesses you recommend that fit with those passions? And if anyone who has gone through the surgery who can weigh in, that would also be great.

Thanks in advance!

My mom always enjoyed Fuzzy socks and blankets when recovering from her surgerys. Gas cards and gift cards for takeout places close to the hospital.
Maybe get them a kifaru woobie!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks everyone! Wool socks was something she mentioned. I had not thought of Kifaru - a great think to introduce to them if they aren’t aware. Any good breweries in the area?

sndmn11

WKR
I found this store online and it sounded *perfect* - except for the shop by appointment only, and it's a couple of hours away. But exactly what I was looking for! I'm leaning towards online beer delivery gift card from Craft Alley and either a gift card or delivery from Voormi.

It's in the heart of anywhere that someone would want to go explore and hike. It's the kind of place folks catch a day layover in Denver to go visit and drop $1k.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
It's in the heart of anywhere that someone would want to go explore and hike. It's the kind of place folks catch a day layover in Denver to go visit and drop $1k.
OK - that's very helpful. Thanks so much!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I ended up going with electronic gift cards from Voormi and Craft Alley. I really like the Melazuna shop and will keep an eye on whether they add items for sale in their online website.