Denver recommendations

Jd259

WKR
Hey guys so I’m headin to Denver the first weekend in April for the supercross in mile high stadium and am looking for places to stay and things to do like eat and drink I’ll get there Friday morning and fly home Sunday evening can anyone recommend a hotel close to the stadium but also close to food and bars? I’ve never been to Denver so I don’t know how the city is laid out is the stadium even close to town or will I have to Uber out there and back? Any must hit restaurants and bars?
thanks!

ericF

WKR
The stadium is only 2 miles from downtown, but it would be a 30+ minute walk to get there. As for places to eat and drink, head to downtown (lodo) and there is anything you can possibly want down there. Just search for what you feel like eating and then choose your bar of choice. Depends on if you want beer which Colorado is known for, or something else like Margaritas, or Whiskey, etc. They have it all.

Phaseolus

WKR
I really like the red ale at the Denver Chop House. expensive steaks are pretty good too.

3forks

WKR
I’ll be at that race we attended it last year, too. You’ll have a great time (hopefully the weather will cooperate again).

The Highlands area in Denver is the opposite direction from LoDo, but still close and it’s got a lot of options.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Would you guys suggest staying in the loDo area or the highlands area for a hotel? I want to be able to just walk out of a motel and walk to bars and restaurants I won’t have a rental car probably just Uber to the race or catch a cab...

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
I’ll be at that race we attended it last year, too. You’ll have a great time (hopefully the weather will cooperate again).

The Highlands area in Denver is the opposite direction from LoDo, but still close and it’s got a lot of options.
The stadium is only 2 miles from downtown, but it would be a 30+ minute walk to get there. As for places to eat and drink, head to downtown (lodo) and there is anything you can possibly want down there. Just search for what you feel like eating and then choose your bar of choice. Depends on if you want beer which Colorado is known for, or something else like Margaritas, or Whiskey, etc. They have it all.
Would you guys suggest staying in the loDo area or the highlands area for a hotel? I want to be able to just walk out of a motel and walk to bars and restaurants I won’t have a rental car probably just Uber to the race or catch a cab...

Scorpion

WKR
Stay in LoDo, maybe a 10 min Uber ride for the race. Hotel will be within striking distance to all the good stuff.

+1 to the Highlands area for restaurants.

Green chile is all the rage throughout the SW and if you haven't tried it out West, just do it.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Thanks for all the help guys think I’m gunna stay at the Hilton in lodo it looks pretty central to everything any must see brewery’s there I’m not a huge craft beer guy but when in Rome...