Deon Optics sale lured me in ! March 3-24x52 FML-1 ordered

pc3

WKR
Who buys the scope before the rifle...... :unsure:

I intend to build a light weight .300 WM...maybe 7mm (but I already have dies brass etc. for .300) in the near future I did have one built on a BAT HRPIC but it was couple of pounds too heavy.

Anyway was looking at scopes for it, usual suspects were considered and was pretty well set on spending some ounces on an ATACR 4-20 or 4-16.

Anyway the March 15% sale came up which meant that above mentioned scope would work out cheaper by a few hundred $$, (n fact $815 cheaper than the 4-20 NF ATACR post quick check) The spec's look spot on and I will live with the sensitive parallax /tight eye box.

But gee what a great magnification range and a bit lighter than the ATACR I was considering.

Is the FML-1 reticle the best choice for a light weight hunting .300 win ?

Who else has taken advantage of the March 15% off sale ?...problem is now I am thinking prior to the sale ending deadline I need a Genisis 6-60x56 for my ELR rig...and eat 2 minute noodles for the next 6 months, along with wife and kids 🤪 :LOL:

OP
P

pc3

WKR
Update for anyone interestedGenesis 6x60x56 in bound....along with several crates of noodles ;)

If I were ever going to own a Genesis I figured 15% off was the que for it.

400 moa of elevation and a finer reticle than the SB 5-25x56 with P4 retcile that is currently on my 375/408 Imp.

Anyone else here own a March Genesis ?

Flyjunky

WKR
The 3-24x52 is one of the scopes I'm considering for my new rifle. It does check quite a few boxes that I'm interested in.

Since you don't have the rifle yet you should send the scope to Form for testing ;).

If you get a chance to use it please post your thoughts.

OP
P

pc3

WKR
Will do (report back on it)....will be a while before I get the rifle. Your correct it checks a lot of boxes for a light weight hunting rifle where you may need to stretch out a bit. I'll just have to make sure I never drop the thing !! I do expect it to be a tad tougher than the Vortex LHT 4.5-22x50 that sits on my CZ .17 Hornet ...that scope also ticks a lot of boxes glass is really nice but Form has found that scope wanting in his drop test as well. It should be fine on a .17 Hornet varmint rifle though

Considering an antiX action for the rifle that the March 3-24 will sit on.

Purchasing the March Genesis has put the rifle build back a ways though.

I've actually contacted the dealer and asked if I could change reticle to the FML trh1

Last edited: