Depressed elkhunter

Ive elk hunted for 30 years. It became a rich mans sport! With bad luck the past 6 years, public land, outfitters. Any state, province a name of a good outfitter thats honest, to maybe get a big bull. No high fence.

Maverick1

WKR
First post.....Excellent! Welcome to Rokslide. Would you like someone to send you GPS coordinates to a honey hole?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I doubt that an outfitter will be too much of an influence on that........in order to shoot a big bull, you need to hunt where big bulls are......regardless whether it's DIY or with an outfitter. That's the key.

You might consider going to the Sheep Show in Reno of the Expo in Salt Lake. It will give you an opportunity to talk to a lot of guides, and state agencies in person and find something you are comfortable with but thats a year from now idea.

Maverick1

WKR
Just looking for recommendations. I'd like a good elk again for my 50th birthday.

Could you be a bit more specific?

“Ive elk hunted for 30 years. It became a rich mans sport! With bad luck the past 6 years, public land, outfitters. Any state, province a name of a good outfitter thats honest, to maybe get a big bull. No high fence.“

“Ive elk hunted for 30 years”. So it appears you have some significant experience hunting elk. That’s good.

“It became a rich mans sport”. Ok. So over the last 30 years the price of hunting is going up. Do you have a specific budget in mind?

“With bad luck the past 6 years, public land, outfitters.” Sooo, are you frustrated with hunting public land and outfitters? And now you are looking for private land without an outfitter????

“Any state, province a name of a good outfitter thats honest, to maybe get a big bull.” So now you ARE looking for an outfitter? (Difficult to ascertain If that was a statement or question.). How big of an elk are you looking for?

Budget? Weapon? Private land? Public land? Outfitted? Drop camp? Backpack? Terrain? Physical ability?

OP
F
Where have you been hunting the past 6 years? Any preferences on state?
I love Canada, or montana.
Could you be a bit more specific?

“Ive elk hunted for 30 years. It became a rich mans sport! With bad luck the past 6 years, public land, outfitters. Any state, province a name of a good outfitter thats honest, to maybe get a big bull. No high fence.“

“Ive elk hunted for 30 years”. So it appears you have some significant experience hunting elk. That’s good.

“It became a rich mans sport”. Ok. So over the last 30 years the price of hunting is going up. Do you have a specific budget in mind?

“With bad luck the past 6 years, public land, outfitters.” Sooo, are you frustrated with hunting public land and outfitters? And now you are looking for private land without an outfitter????

“Any state, province a name of a good outfitter thats honest, to maybe get a big bull.” So now you ARE looking for an outfitter? (Difficult to ascertain If that was a statement or question.). How big of an elk are you looking for?

Budget? Weapon? Private land? Public land? Outfitted? Drop camp? Backpack? Terrain? Physical ability?
Yeah what I type, think comes out confusing. Been told that. Over the years the wolves put a hurt on my favorite spots. For my 50th birthday be nice to find private land, or limited entry. Dont matter state, Canada I'd like to go on a good one myself. Guided.

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
Over 300, private land or limited entry, guided and not a rich man's sport? If you want to do it on the cheap, you will have to draw. I'm a resident in AZ and it took me 12 years to draw each of my archery tags. That's 2 tags over 24 years. You might want to look into NM land owner tags through an outfitter.