Desert Tech SRS A2

bmicek

WKR
3A03C4CB-6A3B-448E-BA48-A6E5D636D8B2.jpegQuestion for those with a DT SRS A2. How do you have your rifle set up for tripod/bipod use? The obvious answer is a full arca rail from trigger guard to end of handguard. My dilemma is my bipod only connects via picatinny and not an arca mount with no option to connect to an arca rail. Kind of at the point where I need to go all in on arca by getting a different bipod.

Various RRS heads/clamps work on both. If you have that on your tripod you could clamp to the arca or pic rail a little forward.

Just joined and can’t PM yet, I know this post is a few years old but have you found an Arca integrated hand guard for your SRS? I want to go the Arca route but I don’t want to add on extra weight by using more hardware to attach even more metal.

OP
B

bmicek

WKR
Just joined and can’t PM yet, I know this post is a few years old but have you found an Arca integrated hand guard for your SRS? I want to go the Arca route but I don’t want to add on extra weight by using more hardware to attach even more metal.
I just added an arca rail on my handguard. It didn’t add substantial weight and I told myself I didn’t buy a DT SRS to be a super light rifle to begin with so the few oz didn’t bother me. What are you wanting to attach to the arca rail?

Trying to see all my options for both hunting with it and hopefully do my first NRL Hunter match 2023. I was thinking ARCA would allow me to easily put whatever I wanted on it for competitions and then be able to swap to just tripod and bipod without fiddling with m-loks all the time.

Trying to see all my options for both hunting with it and hopefully do my first NRL Hunter match 2023. I was thinking ARCA would allow me to easily put whatever I wanted on it for competitions and then be able to swap to just tripod and bipod without fiddling with m-loks all the time.

I don't understand the fiddling with m-loks part? Put an arca rail on it once and leave it there.

I don't understand the fiddling with m-loks part? Put an arca rail on it once and leave it there.

The fiddling is because I currently don’t have an entire Arca rail. I am taking m-lok attachments off and on depending on what I’m using and why, such as the javelin bipod for hunting vs a heavy atlas I use at the range. It’s why the original question was if OP knew of any integrated Arca railed hand-guards because adding one onto the hand-guard would be even more weight now that I have to put Arca attachments on my bipod/tripod/spotting scope…but if it was integrated it would offset that increase from attachments a decent amount. Figuring out the trade offs for different setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildcat33

WKR
I don’t know a thing about your question, but that is a bad ass shootin iron 🤘

Hondo1

FNG
I use the threaded portion before the rail with a manfrodo quick attachment on a fluid head. It works pretty well.

goatsie

Lil-Rokslider
E103CD0D-9856-4FB6-9BB3-7D93BF830042.jpeg
I am using the sawtooth rifles Arca plate

View attachment 524553
I am using the sawtooth rifles Arca plate
That is gnarly! Man I love these rifles. Who did your paint job on the stock panels? Also is that a Proof Research barrel drop in from Special Purpose Rifles?