Destroyer destroyed.

IrishnId

WKR
Not trying to complain on here, but man what a bummer. I've had my Destroyer 340 for about a year and 6 months. Thing has been a dream to shoot, no tuning problems, as quiet as my other bows and a little bit quicker. I've been shooting about 30 arrows a day for two weeks getting broadhead flight to perfection. Low and behold it blew up on me at full draw! Scared the living crap out of me, punched myself in the jaw to boot. Already have it at my dealers. Say's he's gonna do everything possible for me, but with two weeks before antelope season and a utah deer tag in my pocket I might end up using one of his bows, he's a great guy that way. Anyway just wanted to tell someone my frustrations.

OP
IrishnId

IrishnId

WKR
Looks like the lamination came apart right where the limb comes into contact on the limb support? The limb pocket area looked good, and then after it came apart the lamination on the tips slid back about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Right underneath the axle mounting brackets.

OR Archer

WKR
I've witnessed this happen to guys before with that bow on a few occasions. It's never a pretty sight.

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
That happend to me a few years ago. I was drawing back, then laying on the ground. Turns out I punched myself out!

OP
IrishnId

IrishnId

WKR
No kidd'n! Here I was at full draw settling the pin, then I heard a loud crack and popped myself in the side of the jaw and ear. Not a pretty display of langauge skills. Hoping he can get me back on track before the season opens. I not I think i'll be looking at an Elite, Strothers, or Mathews. For a quick purchase. Put some prayers out there men, I need my bow in less than three weeks.

chas

Lil-Rokslider
Same thing happened to a buddy on a 3d shoot. Full draw and the limbs snapped. No one was hurt bad but I never use that brand of bow.

bowuntr

WKR
Ouch.... I shot the Destroyer for a couple years. I loved that bow... but I did have it derail on me at full draw. Scary to hear about limb problems with the BowTech. I've been shooting Bow Tech for about 10 years... Ed F

My Destroyer 340 snapped the bottom limb 3 weeks ago, at full draw popped myself in the cheek also! I was pissed off as I have a sheep hunt in Sept and a goat hunt in Oct. Bowtech had the limbs to my dealer in 3 days, next day my dealer had the bow fixed. It's aggravating but it happens. I bet your a long draw guy also, my dealer said he's only seen 31 or 32" draws break. Goodluck, Mike

PhillyB

WKR
Sorry to hear that. Glad you are alright and no one was hurt.

Do you have any pictures of the bow after if broke?

OP
IrishnId

IrishnId

WKR
This is my second Bowtech. I just sold my Commander two weeks ago if that isn't a wierd coincidence? I've got a 28 1/2 inch draw, so it's not what I would say long. I do have pics on my phone but i'm technotarded, i'll see what I can do to get them on here. Thanks for all the replies, didn't want to start a brand bashing session just wanted to vent and the feedback is informative.

FURMAN

WKR
Do they not have a warranty? My Matthews has a lifetime. Hopefully I never need it.

Tookeymonster

Lil-Rokslider
for people that shoot a lot it is best to get new strings and cables yearly. People that don't shoot that much every two years. I have seen a few bow sitting on the shelf and the string just pop on a bow that has never been shot.... this bow shop had very little traffic.

RUTTIN

WKR
Had a co-worker this morning tell me he was shooting with a friend this weekend and his destroyer's top limb did the same thing. First time this poor guy had shot a bow and it blows up on him. They heard a crack when he drew back, he let off, looked the bow over and could not see anything, drew back again, shot and the limb splintered on him just like in your picture.