Detailed info on Wyoming pronghorn

OP
Mike D Texas
^^^ I think he was referring to hunting years 2023 / 2024. Not Areas 23/24

Just a guess

Yes that is correct. I assumed I would need to have some points to be able to hunt so 2022 might have been out of the question. Plus I already have a couple of other hunts already lined up in 2022.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rich M

WKR
I can’t say what I may do in the future but for this first hunt it is fulfilling a bucket list hunt for me. I still need to also do mule deer and elk so at best it would be a few years before I considered pronghorn again.

I never wanted an elk - got a nice muley in CO 2019 DIY, got 2 yearling antelope in WY 2017 DIY - didn't have a buck tag. Gotta go back. 2023 going back for a buck antelope.

Enjoy your bucket list hunts - they will be memorable and excellent.

Last edited:
Like I said I have ZERO experience. That’s why I was looking for info on the process and and outfitter recommendations.

hey mike I am originally from Wyoming and can give a few pointers in the draw and basic info if you still need some assistance. I am a licensed and insured outfitter as well but am willing to help with just info if thats what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Tyler O'Brien

OP
Mike D Texas
hey mike I am originally from Wyoming and can give a few pointers in the draw and basic info if you still need some assistance. I am a licensed and insured outfitter as well but am willing to help with just info if thats what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Tyler O'Brien

Thank you. I’ll send you a PM.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Went DIY last year. Building points again for another trip.
My 257 Weatherby with 100 TSX worked like lighting.

WG&F is extremely helpful, call them up and they'll answer questions you haven't even thought of yet. DIY from an AirBnB is super easy on these critters.

DIY hunting for Antelope is the easiest hunt there is. Hiring an outfitter will get you good access and they will take care of all of the logistics. That being said, if you have the tag, get a BLM map and get on a high point away from a road and glass. Under most circumstances they are easy to see, and with a rifle, easier to get in range. I regularly take my 38 foot travel trailer and camp out of it off of good county roads.