Diamondback HD Truck Cover our camper shell?

Anybody have any experience with the Diamondback HD truck cover?

Any reason not to go with this over a camper shell besides losing the ability to sleep in the back?

Thanks

muddydogs

WKR
I've looked at them and there very nice. Are you planning on hauling an ATV on the cover? If your not hauling an ATV then there are other covers that work just as well for about half the cost. If you need to be able to haul a lot of weight on the cover then I think the Diamondback is probably the best out there.

Currently I have a Bakflip G2 on my pickup and a couple of there other models on a few fleet rigs as well as other brands and they all have held up well.

ShakeDown

WKR
I have an HD on my f150. I was hesitant at first because of cost and because of the feeling that I was giving up space.

Actually I believe I have more capabilities now. I can strap hundreds of pounds of gear, a quad, whatever on top. I’ve slept in the bed with the tailgate down and a tarp pitched on the cleats. Easy to fold back a panel or remove a panel for tall object hauling.

I love it.

Never had a camper top, love my diamondback. I mounted some Yakima rails and 4 RockyMounts Brass Knuckles to carry bikes. Remove the rails & racks when not in use. I still sleep in the bed. I just flip up one side of the cover and use a tarp. Works just the same. I’ve mounted coolers on the top too.

mtbshark

WKR
I had one, it leaked so bad that only a strip down the middle would stay dry. I had to pack everything in totes. Even with it opening at both sides it was a challenge at time getting gear in out depending on size shape. I am back to a camper shell and am very happy.
If I had a full size truck and had quad or small side by side I would consider one. But if just using like normal Tonneau cover, for the money I would would not get again

There is my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TCUHunter34
I've looked at them and there very nice. Are you planning on hauling an ATV on the cover? If your not hauling an ATV then there are other covers that work just as well for about half the cost. If you need to be able to haul a lot of weight on the cover then I think the Diamondback is probably the best out there.

Currently I have a Bakflip G2 on my pickup and a couple of there other models on a few fleet rigs as well as other brands and they all have held up well.
Won’t be using ATV’s much now, but will definitely be hauling stuff around the yard and house. Thank you, I will look into that one

I use mine all summer and camper shell for hunting season.

Attachments

• E3F302F4-EC49-45D3-AEEE-0C6314D0854B.jpeg
    E3F302F4-EC49-45D3-AEEE-0C6314D0854B.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 31

Carr5vols

WKR
Love mine and it dont leak. You can find them cheaper on their website in the outlet section. Would highly recommend them.20181011_132128.jpg

Tower

FNG
I went with a camper shell earlier this year (Century brand) and can’t believe I’ve been doing without all these years with a truck. I got the side windoors on it and that makes it even easier to load gear.

Never had a Diamondback but have had various soft roll ups and most recently a Truck Covers USA canister roll-up, which was very nice as well. But the camper shell is a game changer IMO.