Diaphragm Building Advice

I've been building diaphragm calls for turkey hunting for eighteen years. I have my own recipe as far as latex thickness, side tension, back tension, and cuts. I've realized elk diaphragm calls are much different in that they don't have large cuts and it seems like the side tension is much less than that of a turkey call. Also, it seems that single reeds are very common and a preferred design, whereas turkey diaphragm calls a three reed call is most common. In turkey calls, latex thickness at .003 and .0025< ("proph") are the most common thicknesses used.
Looking for advice on thickness of latex to use, and approximately how much side tension to use to build elk diaphragm calls. I am just looking for a starting point. I have built some calls and I am getting decent sounds, but would like to tap in to someone who has some wisdom around building elk diaphragms. Thank you.

I've been building diaphragm calls for turkey hunting for eighteen years. I have my own recipe as far as latex thickness, side tension, back tension, and cuts. I've realized elk diaphragm calls are much different in that they don't have large cuts and it seems like the side tension is much less than that of a turkey call. Also, it seems that single reeds are very common and a preferred design, whereas turkey diaphragm calls a three reed call is most common. In turkey calls, latex thickness at .003 and .0025< ("proph") are the most common thicknesses used.
Looking for advice on thickness of latex to use, and approximately how much side tension to use to build elk diaphragm calls. I am just looking for a starting point. I have built some calls and I am getting decent sounds, but would like to tap in to someone who has some wisdom around building elk diaphragms. Thank you.
What kind of tape do you use?