Did I get lucky?

Stopped by my local gun/bow store to check the status of an order. I see a new gun on the used rack. Go grab it, fondle a second. It's a very hardly used Tikka T3 blued/synthetic. It didn't say lite anywhere I looked but it's my understanding that synthetic means lite. Scoped with a Meopta Meopro 3-9. Chambered in 7mm-08 which I want anyway. Bought from a recently divorced gal settling up her ex's debt. I'm taking a bore snake tomorrow to check the barrel more thoroughly. List is $679 and I'm guessing I can get it for 600 cash. Good deal, right? I had him go ahead and take it off the shelf.

OP
A
The bore wasn't totally clean. I'm checking for pitting vs dust from standing upright. The front lens of the scope had a ton of dust settled on it. Clearly the gun had sat in a corner for a while, but I wanna make sure. Bore snake should wipe away any gunk to get an idea of condition

hodgeman

WKR
That's not a great deal..probably average.

I bought my son a left handed, stainless with a VX2 3-9x40 for $600 last Christmas. Essentially NIB.

First rule of thumb, don't buy the story buy the gun... period. Don't even think of talking yourself into any other mindset.

Think of it this way, it could be that the gun shoots like crap and the scope won't hold zero, then what's it worth?

Offer 550$ in bills. If they won't take it then walk. It's an average deal in a buyers market.

AlaskaEd

WKR
$600 is more or less $300 for the rifle and $300 for the scope. The rifle can be had new for under $500, and the scope New for $400ish, so $900 total. So a $300 total savings over new. Not really an amazing deal, but pretty good, especially if you wanted that rifle/caliber anyway.

I say sell the scope for $300 and you'll have a $300 rifle to toss your scope of choice onto.

Last edited: