Did preference points ruin the west?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They could always go the way of the CDOW and charge for individual PP's like they've done with moose, sheep, and goat. That might decrease the demand for them. Heck, this was going to be my last year of buying moose and sheep points and I had 12+ of each, and then I drew.......so I'm done either way. Do the same for elk and deer and I'd be done with those too.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
People ruin the point systems with all their complaining. I guess it is just most guy’s nature to only think the “best” unit is worthy of them. I realized a long time ago hunting a lower rated unit was plenty good for me. I have a lot of points in a lot of states; they are mostly insurance so I can go hunt when I want in any unit I want but the very “best”. I love doing the research and trying to draw that magic tag but almost always I am enjoying myself and my friends in an “average” unit.

204guy

WKR
I've seen it roughly alluded to a couple times that guys should be limited to 1 tag or only 1 state per year in the "west". That would involve getting the Feds involved and is a terrible idea on a bunch of levels. Not to mention the guys hunting more than 1 western state in a year is such a miniscule # it wouldn't move the needle any percievable amount.