Did Rokslide help you shoot an elk this year?

Did Rokslide help you shoot an elk this year?

• Yes

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 43 64.2%

• Total voters

cnelk

WKR
Curious if the Rokslide elk forum assisted you in any way in shooting an elk this year?

Vote - Yes or No / explain if needed

Last edited:

cgasner1

WKR
Rokslide it’s self no not this year I got some good information from a user of it seems in the last couple years the information is kind of dropping off and it’s turning into a tag application help or where should I hunt show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I shot a nice 5x5 in Colorado this year. I truly believe just reading all of cnelk's posts and absorbing his infinite knowledge put me on the track to success!

ChrisAU

WKR
Yes! I would not have been nearly as well prepared if not for this place. Rokslide allowed me to learn from the choices of others for the last 15 months, not just trial an error for myself in the field. This is the first place I'll send someone when they ask how to get into it. Not to post, but just to read. You can learn nearly everything you need to know here to get a solid base on DIY hunting out west, something I used to think was just a pipe dream.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Yes I shot a nice 5x5 in Colorado this year. I truly believe just reading all of cnelk's posts and absorbing his infinite knowledge put me on the track to success!

Well, I appreciate that but dont take it to the bank :)

No doubt. Been reading the forum for a couple years and drew my first elk tag this spring. Kicked the research into overdrive and read dang near every current topic that was applicable in the elk forum! Helped me with gear selection, hunt tactics, learning elk behavior, etc. Even though I'd never elk hunted, I felt very prepared. Arrowed my bull on the 4th day. Can't wait to burn some points next yr and chase them in a tougher area!

I picked up some QAD exodus broadheads this year partially due to recommendations on Rokslide. Can't point to anything else from this year specifically but I'm sure there's plenty I've learned in previous years that I applied this year.

I had never killed a elk before this year..never even hunted one...for a beginner the basic info here is invaluable. Big thanks to all you experienced folks who are willing to post info, articles, vids and whatnot...its most appreciated especially when I set down to an elk dinner!

87TT

WKR
I voted no but that's not totally true. I learned a lot here from Paul (Elknut) and others but when it came down to it, the first elk that ran in on me got shot.

Rokslide 2014: backpack hunting forum.

Rokslide 2019: truck camp with a wall tent and a buddy heater forum.

Too funny. As much as I love packing in, it was truck camp for me this year for most of my hunt. Truck camp definitely has its advantages.

Too funny Mike! Did RS help me pack my elk out lol

RS or the other forums? No. Collective advise from the great elk killers on the different forums over the years? Most definitely

cgasner1

WKR
Kinda funny this has gone this way I’ve been wondering that for quite awhile about the transition things have made I learned so much on here now it’s hey guys I’m heading to Colorado got a drainage I can hunt I went out of state this year and did email one of the guys on here and ask a few questions and he had some advise but I don’t really fell I was looking for x just some general information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk