Did something change with Garmin's support?

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I cancelled my subscription last week and also sent an email which they replied to 3 days later. Maybe they’re overwhelmed with questions about the annual program fee increase 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
dla

dla

WKR
Update: I chatted with CS who told me to try the clearing of cookies, etc. I tried a different browser and it worked. Not sure what my problem is with Chrome on Android, but I have other browsers. Garmin CS was very helpful.

GotDraw?

WKR
I cancelled my subscription last week and also sent an email which they replied to 3 days later. Maybe they’re overwhelmed with questions about the annual program fee increase 🤷🏼‍♂️
What annual fee increase?
I have not been tracking my InReach costs...
JL

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
What annual fee increase?
I have not been tracking my InReach costs...
JL

inReach Annual Program Fee Price Change

You're receiving this email because you have an inReach Freedom Plan subscription.

We are writing to inform you that, effective Jan. 4, 2021, the price of your Annual Program Fee will increase from $24.95 to $34.95. The Annual Program Fee is charged yearly upon the anniversary of your subscription activation date.

The Annual Program Fee allows you to maintain access to all of your data including your MapShare page, track points, messages and more for the full upcoming year, even if you suspend your service.

Does this affect my monthly inReach plan pricing?
No. The price change only impacts the Annual Program Fee charged on inReach Freedom plans. The monthly plan fee will remain the same.

Do I need to make any changes?
No. However, if you wish to make changes to your subscription, you can manage your billing and plan settings or cancel your inReach Freedom Plan at explore.garmin.com. If you cancel your inReach Freedom Plan or switch to an Annual Plan before the anniversary date, you will not be charged the Annual Program Fee.

Note: Canceling your inReach satellite subscription will immediately stop service, including SOS capabilities, tracking and messaging.

Are there plan options without the Annual Program Fee?
Yes. To keep your device active year-round for a lower monthly cost and no Annual Program Fee, you may switch to an Annual Plan. Just like with your Freedom Plan, you can move up or down between different Annual Plans without charge. Annual Plans have a minimum initial term of 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
Garmin in dark alley to backcountry Hunter Dude...
  • Hey Hunter-Dude- look what I've got... you can text your family from the deep wilderness and your wife will let you hunt w/o worry. It's cheap and you can scale back your plan at any time!
    • Hunter Dude- HAHA! Garmin, last time I heard that I was in a bar with a brass pole
  • Garmin- NO! I REAALLY mean it. We CARE about you! And your wife and family will love you and trust you all the more!!!
  • Hunter Dude- No thank you
  • Garmin- What's wrong Hunter Dude? Afraid? Too manly? All your buddies are doing it for their wives!
  • Hunter Dude- Oh!? OK, my wife tells me it's important that she knows my every footfall.
  • Garmin to staff-NOW RAISE THE ANNUAL FEE BY 50%!

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin in dark alley to backcountry Hunter Dude...
  • Hey Hunter-Dude- look what I've got... you can text your family from the deep wilderness and your wife will let you hunt w/o worry. It's cheap and you can scale back your plan at any time!
    • Hunter Dude- HAHA! Garmin, last time I heard that I was in a bar with a brass pole
  • Garmin- NO! I REAALLY mean it. We CARE about you! And your wife and family will love you and trust you all the more!!!
  • Hunter Dude- No thank you
  • Garmin- What's wrong Hunter Dude? Afraid? Too manly? All your buddies are doing it for their wives!
  • Hunter Dude- Oh!? OK, my wife tells me it's important that she knows my every footfall.
  • Garmin to staff-NOW RAISE THE ANNUAL FEE BY 50%!
😁 Either way, when I started hunting backcountry solo, it was my wife’s requirement. If an extra $10 gets me another 10 days by myself in the woods and the wife/kids have piece of mind then it’s a no brainer.