Dies

OP
E

ecsn7d

FNG
How do the FL sizing dies still create a consistent neck tension for each round? Does the bushing dies just let you adjust the neck sizing to adjust the amount of neck tension? Am I understanding that correctly?

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
How do the FL sizing dies still create a consistent neck tension for each round? Does the bushing dies just let you adjust the neck sizing to adjust the amount of neck tension? Am I understanding that correctly?
Usually get consistent neck tension on any of the sizing dies, you're just changing how much tension by switching from a SAAMI spec to bushing die or by switching bushing sizes. The bushings come in various ID sizes (.001 increments that I've seen) and you select one that makes the case neck ID about .001-.002 smaller than the bullet OD. This means you need to account for the case thickness. Easiest way is probably to measure the OD of a loaded round with the bullet and case of your choice. You could also measure case thickness (multiply by two since it's a circle) and bullet OD and add all that up.

OP
E

ecsn7d

FNG
Thank you all. If I’m following correctly it sounds like FL sizing die with a seating die would be the way to go to reach my stated goal of building up quality hunting rounds.