Differences b/w Xbolt HC Speed and Pro Carbon?

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone very familiar with Xbolts and how they are bedded? I currently own a HC Speed, well, I bought it but it apparently belongs to my wife now. Anyways, I just took it apart to swap in the Mcarbo spring and noticed that it was epoxy bedded. The barreled action fits really snug, as it should and as well as the rifle shoots I would guess that Browning had something figured out with their bedding process. My biggest question, since I am looking at possibly purchasing another Xbolt since they released the 300 PRC in the Xbolt line, is there any difference in how they bed the HC Speed vs. say the Pro Carbon, or even the newly release Western Hunter Fiber Fusion? Attached is a picture of (my) wife's stock and their... simple bedding style.

Attachments

• 20200217_175746.jpg
    20200217_175746.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 47
Both my X Bolt Speed 30 06 and my X Bolt Max Long Range 300 Win Mag have the same bedding. Not the prettiest but seems to work great as both are shooters!

OP
Call.me.porter

Call.me.porter

Lil-Rokslider
Both my X Bolt Speed 30 06 and my X Bolt Max Long Range 300 Win Mag have the same bedding. Not the prettiest but seems to work great as both are shooters!
That was my reaction too. Doesn't look great, but certainly seems to do the job. I just noticed that the Pro is the only model with a description that touts "glass bedding," I wonder if they have a different bedding process for that kind or if it the same resin material that is being used on the rest of the Xbolts.