Different brand bag on a seek frame?

grfox92

WKR
I have a Seek Unaweep 4800. Its light and very comfortable but the lack exterior pockets is very annoying.

Has anyone been able to and is it possible to attach say a Kifaru or other brand bag onto the Seek Frame?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I've done it with the Seek Outside breakaway/revolution frame, but have never tried with the integrated frame. It was a bit of a hassle to get it setup, but carried well. I was able to use a combination of straps and gatekeepers to get a kifaru stryker on there solidly enough to pack a very big (066) chainsaw around all day while clearing trails. All that being said, I don't know if it would work at all on a Unaweep with the integrated frame. If I were you I'd get a Kifaru organizer guide lid, or something like it and use a merlin for your compression panel and leave the Unaweep/frame alone.

CoStick

WKR
I am sure you could. Talon gives 800 with pockets, lid adds more, and you can put pockets on the belt as well.

I'd suggest adding a Merlin. I think an aftermarket or home made bag wouldn't be hard with a breakaway model, but not be a great option on one of the integrated frames.

I have a Merlin on my Fortress with no lid and really like that combo FWIW.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
I've done it with the Seek Outside breakaway/revolution frame, but have never tried with the integrated frame. It was a bit of a hassle to get it setup, but carried well. I was able to use a combination of straps and gatekeepers to get a kifaru stryker on there solidly enough to pack a very big (066) chainsaw around all day while clearing trails. All that being said, I don't know if it would work at all on a Unaweep with the integrated frame. If I were you I'd get a Kifaru organizer guide lid, or something like it and use a merlin for your compression panel and leave the Unaweep/frame alone.
I have the Merlin and that's where I keep most of my small stuff. It's all just one big pocket tho just like the bag. It fills up quick and I'm always digging. I know they arent great for packing weight but my buddy has a Badlands and there are pockets everywhere inside and out. I like that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My Merlin has 3 separate pockets. Do you mean the regular Talon? Regardless, you still won't have some pockets monster like some MR's if that's what you're after!

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Peregrine and Lanner have a fair amount of exterior pockets. Merlin and Belt pockets can add 5 compartments. Lid can add another.

I think in 2022 we will have another add on option as well.

tdot

WKR
The two kuiu bags that I've tried fit reasonably well on my Revolution frame. They utilize 3/4" webbing same as SO, so the Gatekeepers integrate better. I have the 3500 Pro from 2 years ago and tried the 7800, but didn't keep it as I preferred the SO bags.