Different Size Boot Different Foot?

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sure there are others out there whose feet are very different sizes. My left is just over half size smaller than my right. Do you run a different size boot for each foot, and eat the cost? Or do you deal with the short comings of running boots in one size too big or slightly small? Curious to see your thoughts and solutions!

Birddog1

FNG
I’m a half size different, left is larger. I just went with one size but I tried to find the least amount of noticeable difference trying several different boots as well as several insoles.

OP
MTRaine

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a half size different, left is larger. I just went with one size but I tried to find the least amount of noticeable difference trying several different boots as well as several insoles.
I’m definitely working with the insole idea with some success for volume. The problem is if I go up half size my left boot gets too long and I’m constantly tripping

1/2 size different - run different insole config in each boot so they "feel" the same fit when wearing. I wear a Spenco insoles in each boot as primary but put a cheaper "Dr. Scholls" gel insole beneath the Spenco in the loose boot with the smaller foot. Depending on the boot - the "extra insole" will vary depending what thickness I need to pad up.

EDIT: Once I find a system that works well I Shoo-Goo or contact cement the two insoles together to eliminate slippage. Had to do that or some horrible blisters happened during the first experiment....

EKU

FNG
Some boot companies can stretch boots a half size. Kenetrek did that for me.