Different way of walking.

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Tried something new last night. Got on the tread mill jacked it up to 3.5 mph on 12 incline with 45lbs in the pack. Every 5 min I lowed incline to 0 and walked for 5 on my toes (heels not touching at all) made walking nowhere a little less boring. Hoping that it will help my down hill muscles.

OP
Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Ok after 15 miles up and down the Rockies I see 2 things to work on burpees for endurance and lunges for down hills I did great felt great on the up
hills except I can't breath lol! On the downhills my quads were on fire! I may sound cocky but I think I could keep up with you mountain boys! If you let me stop to puke after 500ft of vertical climb! :)

dotman

WKR
Try a bite guard when you work out, it will restrict your air which is the closest we flatlands can get to high altitude training. I think I stole this idea from Aron orhethought it up, any way give it a try.

OP
Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
I'll have to give it a shot. I had been trying to just keep my mouth closed but it's easy to cheat. May try a snorkel too not like I don't look crazy to my neighbors anyways jogging down the street backwards, shooting my bow, or running up and down my stairs with my pack on :) I'm really surprised they haven't called the police yet!