And a few more...

2012season180_zpse44d7931.jpg

2012season190_zps372dc2d2.jpg

2012season196_zps411d2d52.jpg

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Darin,

What set-up are you using? Your pictures are very nice...

Thanks Nick! These were taken thru a Swarovski AT-80 (old metal body) at 20X with a Nikon Coolpix 990 at 3X-4X optical zoom using a custom made adapter that I machined. Manfrotto Carbon tripod 444 model I think...

I can assure you that the quality of the scope and tripod are far more important than the camera. However, the ability to manipulate the camera intelligently in manual mode to combat the lack of light and a little finesse in photoshop are also key to getting good results.

Tripod was stolen out of my rig along with a TON of other hunting gear a few years back. I gave the AT-80 to an outfitter buddy. I need to rebuild my digiscoping arsenal starting with a new scope. Sure would love to have the new modular Swarovski with interchangeable front end, but that's BIG $$$. My hunting partner has a Swarovski ATS-80 HD, so that will have to make due for now... Gotta pick up a new SLR adapter for his scope since I typically pack a SLR Nikon with me these days. I think that's the best option for digiscoping if you're serious about image quality *(however-an SLR on the back of your scope creates balance and weight issues so a very stable tripod is a must). Shooting in RAW mode and using photoshop and the camera to it's full capabilities makes a dramatic difference in the final results.

Coop

Last edited: