Digiscope adapers

Evilduck

FNG
hello. New here and looking to start trying to digiscope. What do folks recommend for phone adapter to spotting scope. I've seen phoneskope but curious what others use.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Tinesup...best I’ve tried. Had the novagrade but didn’t work that great for me. Others seem to like it though

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Curious, what was reason didn't work out?

For me, it was difficult to get the camera lined up right in it, so it would take longer than I wanted it to. Add to that, once I did get it lined up, if I took it out, it wasn't just as simple as putting it back in again. I'd have to line it up again. Not as big of a deal for me, but it was also pretty bulky and heavy.

I actually like this cheap one a lot better than the novagrade...although the novagrade was built out of better materials:

The tinesup was the best of both worlds. Super easy to line up. Not as bulky or heavy. Good materials. The only potential drawback for the tinesup is that it's not universal to any phone. It is universal to any spotting scope. If you got a new phone, you'd just need to buy the new case or tab to attach to your case, so it's not that big of a deal in my opinion. I like it so much, I ended up buying their canon camera setup as well.

Cbrew

FNG
I use a phonescope, and have had a couple different models as I’ve changed phones. It works great. However, when zoomed in really far, there can sometimes be an obstruction at the edge. I’m guessing this is due to it not lining up perfectly. However, I’ve been happy with it over all. I’ll likely check out other brands the next time I’m in the market, just to do my due diligence.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Only thing I don't like about the phone Skope is it doesn't hold your phone flush to the eyepiece. There's enough flex in the plastic to where over time your phone isn't squared up. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Phoneskope user here as well. I like the fact that they're light, simple to use, and I can just leave my phone in the case, with the eyepiece adapter attached, so whenever I want to digiscope, all I have to do is press it onto the eyepiece of my scope. I don't have experience with any of the others, so IDK, they may be equally light and user friendly. I've never had the issues that sneaky describes, but I did have issues with my first Phoneskope with the adjustable eyepiece adapter not holding tight enough to my scope, and not working at all with my bino's.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been looking at both the novagrade and phone scope, sure glad I saw this post to look at the tines up.

Lee443

FNG
We got the carson hookups. It adjusts to fit different size and brands of phones, everybody in my house has different style or model phone. Plus it clips on my large spotting scope, small spotting scope and binocs without different adaptors. It’s a little bulky, but seems to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the Tines Up, but it covered the wide angle lens on my iPhone 11 Pro. I did not want to take it in and out of a case every time.
I prefer to use a Lifeproof case on my phone as well. I just got the single gripper Novagrade and it is awesome. Super easy to adjust onto my Kowa 77. The single gripper works just fine and is stable enough while being a bit lighter.
Last night while out scouting I took this photo with the set up I described.
543899cf036d75540edfc36e25a5891f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phone Skope

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Only thing I don't like about the phone Skope is it doesn't hold your phone flush to the eyepiece. There's enough flex in the plastic to where over time your phone isn't squared up. Annoying but not the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback. This isn't something we have seen before, in the event this happens to your case, we have our Lifetime Warranty. We will warranty the case if you are noticing the case wearing over time.

Phone Skope

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
If you are using a new iPhone or Samsung flagship phone, I'd suggest taking a look at Phone Skope. Our latest cases are more stout, rubber bumpers in the corner and most importantly, allow you to select which lens you would like to use. The telephoto or 2x lens on the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max are really amazing, even in low light. A noticeable improvement from even the iPhone XS Max. Hopefully that helps.

Starbux

FNG
I had a PhoneSkope for my iPhone 7 with a Lifeproof case and it just didn't work well. I think it would have without the case but i refused to take it out when I wanted to use it. I just got a iPhone 12 with a Ghostek case and am leaning toward the Nova.