Digiscope + phone = full time view finder?

tdot

WKR
Hey Guys,

This mighy seem like an incredibly basic question to anyone who has digiscoped before, but as much as I've searched, I can't find the answer.

Do guys leave the digiscope on 100% of the time and use that while they are glassing for animals? I'd love to look at the picture with two eyes and in a more comfortable seated position. But only if the system is capable of the same clarity of details as using only the scope. This would be it's primary purpose, not for taking pictures, as I often pack a 50x lense for my camera.

I have a Kowa 663M w/ a 30x wide eyepiece and use a Samsung Galaxy S8. Not having to put my eye to the eyepiece, I'm pretty sure I could get away with a shorter lightweight tripod. Net weight would be lower, as I'm already carrying a spare battery and everything else.

Thanks in advance.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
In my experience you miss out on a ton! It has less to do with optics or clarity but that small digital screens just can't present a good enough picture. You will miss out on all the little details and will constantly be fighting for perfect focus and lighting. I run a Swarovski sts80 and Sony a600 with novagrade adapter for reference. It takes awesome pictures and video but doesn't hold a candle to the picture I get just looking through the scope. IMG_20181127_145313_375.jpg
For reference. I was able to spot this buck at 800 with my binos moved into about 420 yards and set up the spoting scope and found him. After attaching the camera to the aimed and focused scope I couldn't make out the deer in my screen there was too much glare and weird stuff going on with lighting on a very obscured buck. The point of this is that I would never have found this deer had I been glassing through my camera screen.IMG_20181111_200725_718.jpg