Digiscoping setup for ATX 95

brn2hnt

WKR
Just got a new phone (iPhone 13 pro) and it's my first multi camera phone. Figured I'd take the winter to see if there's a better option out there than just upgrading my phoneskope case as the adapter for the Swaro ATX is awwwful.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Wheels

WKR
Novagrade double gripper is universal with any phone, so no buying new adapters every time you get a new phone. They are having a holiday sale now, 20% off.

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
Novagrade double gripper is universal with any phone, so no buying new adapters every time you get a new phone. They are having a holiday sale now, 20% off.
Is there a code for the sale? Didn’t see anything on their site. Thanks

bowuntr

WKR
I just got the phone cam universal adapter and used it all last week... love it. It has an easy to use chuck system so you can go from bino to spotter in seconds. All machined aluminum. Ed FScreenshot_20211215-173302_Chrome.jpg

Jimss

WKR
I thought I would add a post for a different option. I have a Swaro scope and have tried digiscoping. One thing you may notice is that the size of the photo or video that is taken is so darn small. I do a lot of scouting and have totally gone away from digiscoping. Instead, I have a couple super zoom cameras that take a lot higher resolution photos/video....especially in low light conditions. A digiscope is ok but there is better options if you want higher quality photos and video. I exclusively use my super zooms while scouting. One negative for the camera is it's just one more thing to carry around. A small digiscope adapter plus phone don't take up much room in a pack.

Elkangle

WKR
I thought I would add a post for a different option. I have a Swaro scope and have tried digiscoping. One thing you may notice is that the size of the photo or video that is taken is so darn small. I do a lot of scouting and have totally gone away from digiscoping. Instead, I have a couple super zoom cameras that take a lot higher resolution photos/video....especially in low light conditions. A digiscope is ok but there is better options if you want higher quality photos and video. I exclusively use my super zooms while scouting. One negative for the camera is it's just one more thing to carry around. A small digiscope adapter plus phone don't take up much room in a pack.

What is your effective range with your super zoom camera ?

Jimss

WKR
My highest powered super zoom is on my Nikon P950 that says it has an 83x optical. That's a chunk higher power than the highest 60x power on my Swaro scope. The super zooms are pretty darn impressive. I've used mine a lot for bighorns, mtn goats, and antelope where inches make or break B&C! Both the pics and video are pretty impressive as long as there aren't a whole lot of heat waves or moisture in the air. The anti-shake on the P950 is pretty amazing.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
I use a twofold system for digiscoping, must is a good tripod.

1-IPhone 12 Pro Max and PhoneScope mount to Swaro spotter.

2-Sony A6400 ASPC with 35mm-F2.8 lens, Digidapter mount ( https://digiscopeadapter.com/products/ )
This setup gets my best results.
Note: it is important to match lens to the eyepiece diameter of the Swaro spotter. If not, resolution and vignetting will adversely affect the quality, size appearance of your photo/video. I'd love to be able to use a F1.4 lens, but diameter lens is far too large to match with the smaller Swaro eyepiece lens.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Nothing that I've seen fits the x series Swarovski scopes well. I have 2 different Nova grade adapters and they can't sit deep enough because of how the x series eye pieces are designed.

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing that I've seen fits the x series Swarovski scopes well. I have 2 different Nova grade adapters and they can't sit deep enough because of how the x series eye pieces are designed.
What are the x series you speak of and how would I know if mine are x series or not? Thanks

carlc

Lil-Rokslider
I have and atx, and have tried phoneskope, novagrade, and finally settled on the Phonecam. It takes really good pictures through the scope. This photo was about 800 yds, on 45 or 50x probably.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-183150.png
    Screenshot_20211119-183150.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
I have and atx, and have tried phoneskope, novagrade, and finally settled on the Phonecam. It takes really good pictures through the scope. This photo was about 800 yds, on 45 or 50x probably.
What phone are you running?

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I have a novagrade double gripper and the ATX, and I've found the same issue with how deep it can sit. It still works, but there is more vignetting around the outside than I would like. I just have to zoom to crop it out.

OP
B

brn2hnt

WKR

Yeah, this is the biggest struggle I’ve had. Ran over to Boise to try a friends universal adapter and it was a little better, but still not awesome.

Prolly just need to buy a bigger aftermarket case so I can leave the phoneskope half on the spotter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk