Digiscoping with Vortex Kaibabs (18s)?

Mediocre Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience digiscoping with the Vortex Kaibabs? I am looking at trying the phone skope out this year and any feedback is appreciated.

Phone Skope

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I personally run my Kaibab binos and i love them. I honestly never really use my spotter unless its further away., If you are going to order use code SKOPEDCOVER19 and you will get a free neoprene rifle scope cover with your order.

OP
Mediocre Archer

Mediocre Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I personally run my Kaibab binos and i love them. I honestly never really use my spotter unless its further away., If you are going to order use code SKOPEDCOVER19 and you will get a free neoprene rifle scope cover with your order.
Thanks! Do you scope with your chest rig too? Or solely with the kaibabs?

Phone Skope

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
The Kiabab require a bigger chest rig. I have some Trijicon 10X i run in my chest rig. The kiabab are hard to hold still while digiscoping if you want a clear photo at 18X. Thats what I have found anyway. Get a good tripod and you will be set

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the Kaibabs, but I recently picked up some Vulture 15s in addition to my Viper 10x50s (they take the same adapter, as well as the Kaibabs I think). Took them out on a "sheep cruise" with the ADBSS and AZGFD and shot some video.

This is a pretty poor example as the boat was moving up and down with the constant wake of other boaters, but it's better than nothing I suppose

Hope this helps at least a little bit

OP
Mediocre Archer

Mediocre Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the Kaibabs, but I recently picked up some Vulture 15s in addition to my Viper 10x50s (they take the same adapter, as well as the Kaibabs I think). Took them out on a "sheep cruise" with the ADBSS and AZGFD and shot some video.

This is a pretty poor example as the boat was moving up and down with the constant wake of other boaters, but it's better than nothing I suppose

Thank you! Cool video. I’ll let you know how it goes!

Phone Skope

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor

Pretty steady for being in a boat!

dchat13

FNG
I have the Kaibab 15s and they work great to digiscope but I think you will enjoy the extra power the 18s have.(y)

OP
Mediocre Archer

Mediocre Archer

Lil-Rokslider
How is the quality of the Kaibabs? Are you happy with quality vs price?
I have been very happy with the quality vs price comparison. I used them on a badlands September hunt and a snowy mountain elk hunt this year, and I can say I couldn’t be happier. I have used them side-by-side against a 15 SLC. The SLC is better. But it’s also close to three times the price. I even had a buddy jump on the kaibab train this year who is otherwise a die hard swaro guy. If you are looking at getting great binos (but not the best binos) at a price that seems a little silly for what you are getting, kaibabs are hard to beat.