??? Digital Antenna / DVR ???

Anybody have any experience with digital antennas and recording onto a DVR off the digital airwaves?

I have none. Although I know they work here, and get upwards of teens of channels with a good clear picture.

We rarely use our regular Direct TV and it's running upwards of $120 per month. I wanted to try to eliminate it from our lives, but we do like to record and watch a few things.

What are my options?

I'll have to look for an outdoor online package, but I'm pretty sure there is one. (I use the Outdoor Channel and Pursuit Channel on the DVR a lot. Major League Fishing is almost worth having the dish for me!) I already pay for Prime and Netflix, the family use those a lot.

Educate me?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Cant help with the DVR part but I have fantastic reception with the Channelmaster Extremetenna digital antenna. I have one pointed at a city 68 miles away and another pointed at a city 63 miles away mounted on the same pole. Both get multiple channels in the digital range. I do use a booster with them.

• Banned
OP
rainshadow1
That's good to know, I wonder if it'll receive over the mountains and pick up Seattle or Portland... Probably 100 crow miles though. Worth trying a little more powerful antenna I think.

three5x5s

WKR
This can tell you where and how far away your tv stations antenna is.
Then go to Channel Master live chat or email them. They will give you suggestion on what antenna you will need. I have a really old Channel Master and wanted to know if the new antennas would pick up better for my location they said NO, but an amplifier would help.

tdhanses

WKR
If you have internet check out a streaming service like Sling for $30 a month. I have it and an HD antenna for locals, I do not DVR off my antenna, I miss it I miss it. Sling will let you record cable shows.