Digital Bow Scales (HS3)

Recluse

FNG
Just curious on everyone’s experience with this. My local shop used an OMP Pro Shop hanging style and read me at 72#.

I own an HS-2 and HS-3. My HS-2 has me at 73.6 (avg of 3) and my HS-3 has me at 74 (avg of 3).

I know it’s splitting hairs here and not important, but just curious on the accuracy of these

I prefer a spring scale. Those electronic scales need to be pulled slow and consistent. You can hang weight off of either and know if they are accurate, but a spring scale you can watch and know what's happening the whole time.

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Do you need to pull back fully when using a spring scale? The tech tried using a hand held spring scale, but didn’t pull my bow back fully ( don’t think he could) and read 68#.
That’s when he tried the OMP

I’ve also tried an X Spot prior to turning up my bow to what it is now, and it had me at 71

Using a spring scale that's hanging you will see it peak. Once it starts downhill into the wall you know where peak # is. You can get holding weight with one as well but it can be a little violent coming off the backwall if you aren't careful. I prefer to just use one on a draw board. Little more control.

H80Hunter

WKR
My HS3 seems repeatable. I haven't compared it to another scale for accuracy but the peak weight is consistent pull to pull. Same with holding weight but you do need to be careful with how hard you are pulling into the back wall as far as holding weight goes (makes obvious sense logically).