Digital Scale

millsms

FNG
Just looking to get a scale to weigh everything in my pack. Any suggestions on decent ones and where to get them? Thanks

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a fish scale similar to the one that Brocka posted. It works on the small items and goes up to 50 lbs so i can weigh my pack with everything in it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
This is the model I use:
http://www.amazon.com/5000g-Digital-Kitchen-Food-Scale/dp/B00558AE12

I wanted one that would measure up to 10 pounds so I could weigh my rifles vs. the ones that only go to 5 pounds.
IMGP0930.jpg

swat8888

WKR
I've got a postal scale, works from .1oz to 75 lbs. picked it up on amazon for $35ish....it's awesome.

slim9300

WKR
Last edited:

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I use the US-250 pocket scale for small stuff, archery, and sorting bullets/brass ect..... Everywhere seems to sell this with their name on it for $20. Think mine is from 3-Rivers archery.
I have the Rapala fish scale for stuff up to 50#.
For stuff over that I have a hanging spring scale that goes up to 500# for weighing elk quarters, deer, ect....... Think I got it at Cabelas.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I have a luggage scale that goes up to 120 pounds to weigh my packs before I leave the truck and when I come back with a full pack of meat. Only twice have I had to weigh the meat bags in my pack separate due to overloading my luggage scale. Once was 135 pounds and other was 125 pounds. Nice to have a verified rather than estimated load for sure. Also SUPER handy for getting right within the 50 pound luggage range to maximize what I can gram into each checked bag. :D It has easily paid for itself in savings of extra baggage let alone the verifying my excel spread sheet projected pack weight to what it actually is when its all loaded up ready to go. Between the little kitchen scale and the luggage scale, it keeps me honest in my weights I list on here. :D