The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
I took some profit on a few stocks early this week. Should have held out a few more days. I mean, I should have known that as covid multiplies at a record pace and cities ratchet up restrictions, that the market would keep climbing to record levels. After the past six months I shouldn't be suprised when the market goes bat sh.t crazy, but I still am.

Broomd

WKR
Agreed, but I can choose who gets my money; and I try not to knowingly choose those who compromise what I hold dear.

Anyone have any thoughts on BABA? Seems like a good time to jump in after the sell off this last week.
Agree in part with Beendare. With the Perv-elect moving into the White House, China will have more sway, I could see BABA having some serious upward movement.

jdk99

FNG
I sell puts on BABA when it's bullish. The whole communist China thing keeps the volatility juicy :)

Broomd

WKR
Guys, don't forget about the dividend-bearing REITs....these suckers have been the 'patron saints of lost causes' this year, but they very well may see great upward movement with vaccine news and success. (Some already are.)
Their dividends are icing on the cake.
I'm holding many thousands of shares of SRG, NYMT, GPMT, IVR, etc, and the dividends, while pared due to lean times, are a welcome sight to the bottom line.

Some of these are likely buys of a lifetime.
Your results may vary...grin.

Guys, don't forget about the dividend-bearing REITs....these suckers have been the 'patron saints of lost causes' this year, but they very well may see great upward movement with vaccine news and success. (Some already are.)
Their dividends are icing on the cake.
I'm holding many thousands of shares of SRG, NYMT, GPMT, IVR, etc, and the dividends, while pared due to lean times, are a welcome sight to the bottom line.

Some of these are likely buys of a lifetime.
Your results may vary...grin.
Which of those do you like the most? Of course I’ll do my own due diligence still. Just curious which one you like the most and why maybe? Thanks as always.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
IVR would be a no for me. I held some IVR this summer but after some research got out quickly. I don't recall all the details but there were a few very negative write ups on this stock.

I own a little NYMT. So far so good. From what I've found they should come out of Covid OK and keep gaining.

Broomd

WKR
Yeah, I've read 'em too. I did a deep dive and I believe they'll be fine. Gotta remember that IVR was paying a solid divi and trading at $18.25 a few days before the 'rona dive. It's $3 a share now and I see only upside. Two weeks ago it was in the $2's. 4-5000 shares with a $2-3 run is great profit. Worth the gamble for me.
IVR peaked at $8.40 a share on June 8th. I'm looking for $6 a share PT by March if not sooner with stimulus and successful vaccine administration.

NYMT is a good one, don't look for huge runs like TWI or PRTY, but rather slow drops to $2.50ish and then pops to $3.30 with patience.

Speaking of PRTY, I was holding 2.5K shares the last few weeks from $1.93 and it spiked, but unfortunately I didn't notivce my $3.85 sell order, arrgh. But the $4,500 was a nice take with such a tough market this Fall for value stocks.

Broomd

WKR
Cdev sure has gone up nicely the last little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, There will likely be war drums if the zombie JB gets in there, *hold* fellas.

Remember, CDEV was .25 in March, it's up 200%+, even though it doesn't feel like it for those who came later in the buy game. I'm thinking $1 by Dec if not sooner.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
10k shares. Debating selling for a 55% profit or holding for longer term.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Any favorite dividend stocks out there?

These are 3 that I like and have recently added to, but I am looking for more:

IEP 15.28%
EPD 9.31%
ET 10.83%

Not interested in ABBV or any of the tobacco stocks

Any favorite dividend stocks out there?

These are 3 that I like and have recently added to, but I am looking for more:

IEP 15.28%
EPD 9.31%
ET 10.83%

Not interested in ABBV or any of the tobacco stocks

I like NRZ (although their dividend has been cut down due to Covid; was $0.50 a share prior), CEQP, and OHI. ATT also pays a good dividend. Those are some of my favorites for dividends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk