The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

You must have a massive nutsack or a massive portfolio, maybe both.... $16k on a 67 cent share equity
It took nut sack over dollars and I think Broomd would agree. I remember back on June 8 watching it run $2 then back down to .70c less than a week later. Then it barcoded and dipped into the .50-.70 cent range. Anyone who held through all of that had a healthy sack! :)

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
It took nut sack over dollars and I think Broomd would agree. I remember back on June 8 watching it run $2 then back down to .70c less than a week later. Then it barcoded and dipped into the .50-.70 cent range. Anyone who held through all of that had a healthy sack! :)
Yup it was rough watching it at $2.18 then drop all the way back to the .50 range. I was down $26k at that point, but still holding 51k shares until end of summer atleast.

Broomd

WKR
Yep. With humility I'll second that.
It isn't easy to hold, especially when there are many others on ST, Seeking Alpha, Bloomberg etc all trying to burn it down.
Gotta do the DD, make a plan and stick to it.

Yup it was rough watching it at $2.18 then drop all the way back to the .50 range. I was down $26k at that point, but still holding 51k shares until end of summer at least.
Well done!

Last edited:
How long is everyone hanging onto their spring 2020 buys? I bought the following in early May and deciding if I want to hold or not:

PLNHF
LAC
NCLH
RCL
AAL
ALK
LUV
CCL

Sold PE and bought CGC a few months later.

Bought ABML early and looking to buy more this week.

Procision Arms

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Great call!

I did, I’ve bought and sold it twice now. Cashed out this afternoon and bought back in at closing. Im holding in long term, but couldn’t resist taking some profits. hopefully the app hits.

Any insight on why it dropped so much this afternoon?

Anyone ever check out WSGF I mentioned back in February? I’m up over 200% since I got in bout a month ago. Supposed to be changing to Vaycaychella.

WRO

WKR
QQQ broke its support at 310 today and closed below it.. (Nasdaq sub 13k)

If it goes further it could be really bad.

Spy ripped down to 381 and change at close. Not a good sign going forward.

I'd hold on DIP buying anything but oil stocks for the time being.

jlh42581

WKR
Every time I think SOXL cant get lower I am wrong. But when I make a little I just keep buying more. Its bound to pay off. Its not like a semiconductor shortage is going to just fix itself.

Conroy

WKR
Guys, I gotta share this....the CDEV goal was six figures.
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and this thread. Don't know if it would have happened without you fellas!
Going to up the goal to $150K, see how things go.
View attachment 270247
I did my taxes and I bought and sold CDEV 8 times last year and probably 3 or 4 this year already. It’s funny, this has been a pretty dependable stock to scalp and make money on. I have not made what you have, but it will pay for all of my tags this year. The last few days was really good for me. I’ll wait for a dip and buy it again. I wish I had a few more like this

So my 17 yo son has been ”day trading” on his fake account, essentially buying and selling HGLC in addition to getting into KMPH around 6.00 for over a 400% gain just in the last month. He feels he has burnt all of the candle in HGLC and is moving on.

I have a fidelity custodial account set up for him to start trading for real here in the next week. My question is, I know fidelity isn’t a good platform for day trading, matter a fact, I think you get a warning or two and then they shut you down or something along those lines.

So, if he wanted to continue his “day trading habits” what Platform is the best for him to do so, obviously it will need to be a custodial account.

I know I know, likely not the best time to continue to do so until things calm down, just planning ahead. He’ll keep the fidelity account and get in to some etf’s and long term holds.
Thanks

EastMT

WKR
So my 17 yo son has been ”day trading” on his fake account, essentially buying and selling HGLC in addition to getting into KMPH around 6.00 for over a 400% gain just in the last month. He feels he has burnt all of the candle in HGLC and is moving on.

I have a fidelity custodial account set up for him to start trading for real here in the next week. My question is, I know fidelity isn’t a good platform for day trading, matter a fact, I think you get a warning or two and then they shut you down or something along those lines.

So, if he wanted to continue his “day trading habits” what Platform is the best for him to do so, obviously it will need to be a custodial account.

I know I know, likely not the best time to continue to do so until things calm down, just planning ahead. He’ll keep the fidelity account and get in to some etf’s and long term holds.
Thanks

There are many good ones, I prefer WB app so I can trade on the phone when I’m on the go. If you set up. Cash account, you can do as many day trades as you want, it just takes 2 days to settle after selling shares, 1 day after selling options.

For instance today I did 11 day trades, using 1/4 of my account. Tomorrow those will show as unsettled and unavailable to trade with. I still have the other 3/4 left, so you have to keep some powder dry or you could have a day with no funds to purchase shares with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
QQQ broke its support at 310 today and closed below it.. (Nasdaq sub 13k)

If it goes further it could be really bad.

Spy ripped down to 381 and change at close. Not a good sign going forward.

I'd hold on DIP buying anything but oil stocks for the time being.
Appreciate your DD and updates. We need to stay frosty with the penny stocks (and meme plays) if guys are in them and not holding long term. I'm hedged heavily into OG and REITS and hopefully they'd absorb some EV, weed, BTC stocks, etc. carnage on a market bloodbath, they have so far.
Looking for one-two rotations to tech to get green and gtho. Fingers crossed.

Edit>>>>the two things that this precarious market has going for it are stimulus and vaccinations. People want the country to open up and there is a pent-up desire to spend, travel, simply LIVE. Naturally this isn't a chart, purely anecdotal.
If things can get back to normal soon and folks have money it will help market sentiment overall.

The long term implications with inflation and the dollar? Horrendous,.....but .......that bodes well for oil.

Last edited:

jlh42581

WKR
There are many good ones, I prefer WB app so I can trade on the phone when I’m on the go. If you set up. Cash account, you can do as many day trades as you want, it just takes 2 days to settle after selling shares, 1 day after selling options.

For instance today I did 11 day trades, using 1/4 of my account. Tomorrow those will show as unsettled and unavailable to trade with. I still have the other 3/4 left, so you have to keep some powder dry or you could have a day with no funds to purchase shares with.

Or hold 25k in assets in the account

How long is everyone hanging onto their spring 2020 buys? I bought the following in early May and deciding if I want to hold or not:

PLNHF
LAC
NCLH
RCL
AAL
ALK
LUV
CCL

Sold PE and bought CGC a few months later.

Bought ABML early and looking to buy more this week.
If you hit the one year mark, you pay a lower tax rate on your gains.

EastMT

WKR
Or hold 25k in assets in the account

Yes you can do that as well, but I’m assuming his 17 year old isn’t going to have that. Could be wrong. I don’t play with that much, I will leave that to time/growth accts. I play this, remove money and add to the big accts over time, it’s worked well so far. I almost took $3500 of this years profits out today due to the recent froth and not trusting but talked myself out of it. I can still make money when it’s red, so for now I’ll trust myself.

Today was rough, scalping SPY was a pain as it was trading sideways, so the gains were small, but ended up the final tally about 10%. I was about 1/3 puts, 2/3 calls. As soon as it approached the MA50 on 2/5 min it would turn, was steady like that for a good bit, but need more intraday movement.

No homeruns, not even a triple, but lots of singles, couple bunts! I’ll take a Green Day on an overall red day anytime.

If you hit the one year mark, you pay a lower tax rate on your gains.
Work in tax, I'm aware. Those funds are in IRAs, so not consequential. Wondering if I should dump those for a stable dividend payer. Don't think most of those companies will go away, save the cannabis. Maybe.