The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

go_deep

WKR
We've been here before with GTE (depending on how long you've been in). Everyone says it, but its so true, just be patient. GTE always has lagged the market, but I just looked and I was adding in just NOV & Dec for share lots of .20-.32/share. We've come a long way. She will run back up again, just give it time.

The earnings call reiterated no BK, no share dilution, paid down debt, and optimism. That alone is worth holding for.

PGAS, I have been adding into that one and just avi'g down. Another one to just hold and forget about for a while.

I could be all wet, but I think mid to long term PGAS can get back up over a $1, it's selling for .09. If my wife would let me dump $10K into it, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Broomd

WKR
I could be all wet, but I think mid to long term PGAS can get back up over a $1, it's selling for .09. If my wife would let me dump $10K into it, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
It's been awhile since PGAS saw $1, personally was holding for about .30. It could get to that buck given the sector dynamics and time.

WRO

WKR
I can't stress this enough, if you're 401k is in mutual funds, reallocate to a bond fund ASAP..

FOMO will make you work a few extra years in times like this..

I can't stress this enough, if you're 401k is in mutual funds, reallocate to a bond fund ASAP..

Why? Not that I’m going to blindly follow your advice, just curious to hear your reasons and thoughts.

WRO

WKR
Why? Not that I’m going to blindly follow your advice, just curious to hear your reasons and thoughts.
Wow, someone who actually has the right attitude, I always appreciate that.. (one should always be skepitical)

Bond rates tend to rise when markets crash.

No mutual fund will save you from losses. They're all invested in the same shit that's crashing.

Watched my mutual fund based 401k lose 50% 2008, watched my dad lose half of his in 2000 and 2008, bond funds actually increased, they're the inverse of the market. Safe places to store money in bad times.

In my self managed I went 75% big oil/25% cash for the interim (except PLTR, can't break that one)

Boy I’d love to see $1, but .30-.50 still would be someone doubling or tripling money...so I’ll take that all day. I have been adding and am now down to about an .11 avg, bought in my first starter a little blind a few weeks back at .18 and am just inching it down.

Wow, someone who actually has the right attitude, I always appreciate that.. (one should always be skepitical)

Bond rates tend to rise when markets crash.

No mutual fund will save you from losses. They're all invested in the same shit that's crashing.

Watched my mutual fund based 401k lose 50% 2008, watched my dad lose half of his in 2000 and 2008, bond funds actually increased, they're the inverse of the market. Safe places to store money in bad times.

In my self managed I went 75% big oil/25% cash for the interim (except PLTR, can't break that one)
So you think a crash is imminent? Or at least a major drop in the stock market. Why? I guess that was what I meant to ask originally. Honest question as I’ve kind of felt that lately also. But I’m wrong a lot, just ask my wife.

WRO

WKR
So you think a crash is imminent? Or at least a major drop in the stock market. Why? I guess that was what I meant to ask originally. Honest question as I’ve kind of felt that lately also. But I’m wrong a lot, just ask my wife.

We're in for a lot more, there's still a couple hundred more billion of bubble to be sorted out.

go_deep

WKR
Boy I’d love to see $1, but .30-.50 still would be someone doubling or tripling money...so I’ll take that all day. I have been adding and am now down to about an .11 avg, bought in my first starter a little blind a few weeks back at .18 and am just inching it down.

I figure even if I'm half right at .50 for a high with a .09 buy in that gets you 5.5x.

KsRancher

WKR

Well hell. I just switch my 401k to straight stocks about 7 months ago. Its thru Edward Jones. I might make my advisor a little mad tomorrow when I call him and tell him to put me back in bonds. 😂 Out of curiosity. What is your time frame for this coming drop.

WRO

WKR
Well hell. I just switch my 401k to straight stocks about 7 months ago. Its thru Edward Jones. I might make my advisor a little mad tomorrow when I call him and tell him to put me back in bonds. Out of curiosity. What is your time frame for this coming drop.
Go to oil to ride this out..

I'm 60% oil 10% other 30 cash in my self directed I think

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TOPS and SHIP are garbage. They are basically scams.

If I were to ask what their businesses are, one might answer "shipping".

And one would be wrong. Shipping is their front.

They are in the business of issuing and selling shares of their stock, keeping enough for themselves that they maintain control of the company. That dilutes and drives down the price. But to stay listed on the major exchanges, the stock price has to stay above a certain amount. So they do a reverse split.

Rinse and repeat.