The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

For me it's to make money.

Enjin is a coin used for gamers to buy and trade NFTs. I don't even know how to turn on a nintendo. But I know NFTs are huge, gaming is huge, and gamers are nerds. So count me in. My $250 in October is now ~$6,000.

Some I may use. OMI will be used to purchase NFTs on VeVe. VeVe will have exclusive rights to NFL, Marvel, FIFA, Pokemon, etc. Those are HUGE collector markets in a NFT market that's exploding. count me in.

Some coins such as DOT and KSM are great projects but also will be exclusively required to get into new emerging projects where I can make even more money. I need ETH to buy the emerging products on UniSwap. Count me in for it all!

And the list goes on. Certain sectors will bump at certain times. So I try to be in as many markets as possible. NFTs, Defi, BTC, ETH network, DOT network, etc. Same reason people hold metals, indicies, and stocks in their investment portfolio - diversification.

There are probably only a couple coins I will ever use. But I would've never thought I would use BTC 4 years ago and I use it for transactions now whenever I can including sending and receiving money with friends. You can already buy crypto cards and Visa is working on a card using BTC as well. There's big time talk this week of BTC as an ETF. ETH and others will follow. It's over once that happens.
What he said

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
William are you using any cold storage devices? What about a wallet? I've mainly used the mycelium wallet since 2013 but Ive been thinking about using trust wallet and staking some tokens.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
SPY and QQQ just keeps on going. Was wanting to buy some. Was hoping for a nice pullback to get some.
Today IMO is not a day to buy if you are looking to swing SPY or QQQ. It's at or nearing the top of this wave. We've had 10 green days in a row on SPY and that is a rarity. Other indicators are lining up that we are likely topping out this run and will head back down again very soon. You might get a small bump from here but unlikely it'll be big before it slides again but as always your milage may vary ;)

Percentage gains on this run as of today: SPY ~6%, QQQ ~6%. TQQQ ~20%.

BBob

WKR
SPY Feb to today. You can see where we are today and how SPY runs in waves.

Attachments

• SPY 04_09_21.JPG
    SPY 04_09_21.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 55
GTE guys still holding? I’m considering averaging down from .78 with the price around .67.
Yes, its still well above my .40 cent or so avg, so I have stopped buying, but if I were you I would be avi'g down here for sure. But I would encourage you don't just buy all you want to add at once, just figure out how many more shares you would like to have and start buying in blocks when it dips. Not that you don't know that already, just a reminder :)

jlh42581

WKR
10.5% on the week is the best week i have had in awhile. Stopped chasing the rabbit and bought into the big boys with spreads. Amazing

Congrats to everyone who bought XRP back at the $0.20 range! Sitting at 6-7X today. Converted my initial investment out into other projects and letting profits ride!
William are you using any cold storage devices? What about a wallet? I've mainly used the mycelium wallet since 2013 but Ive been thinking about using trust wallet and staking some tokens.
Pretty much everything goes to my Exodus wallet. I hold keys on a Ledger but researching the Trezor since they’ve made it compatible with Exodus. Only thing I currently stake is Polkadot and Kusama on Kraken. Kraken is giving 12% staking for each.

ncstewart

WKR
Question for experienced guys. How do you go about researching companies to invest in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Question for experienced guys. How do you go about researching companies to invest in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That depends a lot on what type of an investor you are or what type you want to be and how much time you want to spend. What I do and what someone else does will likely be different from what you do. Do you want to hold long? Short? How active or passive will you be?

KsRancher

WKR
Let's say interest rates start climbing and the economy starts to fall off. Will bank stocks climb with the extra money made off of interest. I was in signing a cattle loan a while back and got to visiting with the president/loan officer (he is the same guy, it's a small town one location bank). He said that as interest rates kept going down over the past years that you could watch bank profits follow it down. He was saying that when it's good for borrowers it's bad for banks and the opposite when interest rates start to go up. Was thinking about putting some more money in C stock. I bought some mid March of 2020 and am up really good.

BBob

WKR
Let's say interest rates start climbing and the economy starts to fall off. Will bank stocks climb with the extra money made off of interest. I was in signing a cattle loan a while back and got to visiting with the president/loan officer (he is the same guy, it's a small town one location bank). He said that as interest rates kept going down over the past years that you could watch bank profits follow it down. He was saying that when it's good for borrowers it's bad for banks and the opposite when interest rates start to go up. Was thinking about putting some more money in C stock. I bought some mid March of 2020 and am up really good.
Banks have been ripping this year and not expected to slow. Several will be releasing earnings reports this week.

Attachments

• 6A237BC1-0A80-49A6-A759-6C92504B3F8D.jpeg
    6A237BC1-0A80-49A6-A759-6C92504B3F8D.jpeg
    828.3 KB · Views: 66

22lr

WKR
I've been doing alot of holding lately... but just snagged a handful of SHIP. I dont like much about them long term, but I think I like the short term swing possibility.

Looking like a pretty red day overall for me though, haha.

EastMT

WKR
It seems to me that all the small caps that have been ripping the last year have dried up. We went from 400 stocks under $1 to 1 or 2 at one point.

I read that something like 90% of the volume on those little runners are algos, once they back those off the volume dies.

I’m in the process of moving back home to Montana, so I’m out of the trading business for a couple months. I’m still skeptical of the market myself, don’t trust it but not playing