The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

BBob

WKR
For the people who picked up GOED, what your guys thoughts on holding it now? It blew by the $4.15 targets you guys had put on it. Sold some at 4.30 to cover, but still have a good chunk waiting on what it's going to do since it did hit 4.50
My speculation at the moment: It may not but I wouldn't doubt that it hangs here a bit in this range to consolidate at or below 4.68. That's where the volume @ price gap starts and the big boys may want to collect more shares at this level before it breaks. If it breaks this level it's much less restricted to run a ways to attempt to fill the gap @ 6.07. It has a bit of price congestion/resistance starting again @ ~5.63 and increases on up to ~6.6. If you want the quick flip or take some profit the price in this area (IMO) isn't a bad place to do that but I do think it will move on.

If it fills the gap (statistically gaps will eventually fill) and looking beyond the gap:
Longer term statistically speaking (based on past price action) approximate target levels for a swing would be:
9.1, 10.2, 11.3

Long term speculation: 20-25 might not be out of the question.

Last edited:

go_deep

WKR
This newsletter has been around for a long time. Used to read it. Makes some points about o&g and the market we all know

I see AXAS was just upgraded from hold to buy by one sedrvice. Big risk but might jump in again

Source: Author's Work

Despite strong oil prices, Abraxas may not be able to reduce its debt much in 2021. That is because Abraxas is now dealing with very high interest rates on its debt. It noted that the default interest rate on its first-lien credit facility debt was 8.75%. The PIK interest rate on its second-lien debt was 15.75% at the end of Q1 2021.

Source: Author's Work

Despite strong oil prices, Abraxas may not be able to reduce its debt much in 2021. That is because Abraxas is now dealing with very high interest rates on its debt. It noted that the default interest rate on its first-lien credit facility debt was 8.75%. The PIK interest rate on its second-lien debt was 15.75% at the end of Q1 2021.

AXAS is very much a risky buy.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Been holding CDEV since it was around $0.25, not letting go of this bad boy!

^^^That sentiment is showing on the chart. GTE got some bad juju forming up. Shooting star on the daily and after yesterday not a good look.

Edit: And the troops are rallying! Banish that shooting star. 30 min to go who's gonna win?

Good push last 45 min. Near miss doji to end the day. It'll have to shake out all the sellers for this to run.
Im in the same boat. Decided to hold. hope it pays off on GTE. Waiting for $2. Sold all my CDEV back in april to pay my taxes. kicking myself now as i chose the wrong one to sell. SHEET!

KsRancher

WKR
^^^That sentiment is showing on the chart. GTE got some bad juju forming up. Shooting star on the daily and after yesterday not a good look.

Edit: And the troops are rallying! Banish that shooting star. 30 min to go who's gonna win?

Good push last 45 min. Near miss doji to end the day. It'll have to shake out all the sellers for this to run.
Got out of mine today. Had it a little over a month and got 19.65% out of it. So pretty tickled about it.

jlh42581

WKR
Threw a wicked chunk of my fun money at MO options and its not looking so hot. Others are doing ok though.

Assuming firearm/ammo stocks are still a strong hold, but also can’t imagine they will rise too much more.

Any thoughts on limits to put on OLN, VSTO, SWBI?
I have been holding VSTO for a while now and have had nothing but gains with them

Newbie to buying and selling calls. Do you guys swing trade those like stock? Dipped my toes into a couple $6 07/16 CDEV calls a couple weeks ago which are doing great right now but they seem to move up and down pretty quickly. Do you guys sell them on good days and rebuy when they come back down? I have one call in BFLY that went up 100% in two days and now I am down on it. Was wondering if I should have sold it when it popped pretty good last week and bought another one now. Thanks to this board I have done very well the past year considering I had no idea what I was doing when I got in the market last March so a big thanks to all of you that are much more experienced than me. Figured this is a nice way to pay for tags in the future
The only thing I can say is I usually buy puts. Calls are good also. But, this market takes the escalator up and the express elevator down. Volatility and the Greeks usually run up an option value quickly on the way down. As soon as I buy an option I immediately set a target limit price and when it sells, awesome. Maybe I miss a ride up, but I’m fine with 30% any day. If I can be off work and watching a run, I’ll let it go with a strict 10% trailing stop at most. Keep in mind I buy 90-180 day options based on cyclic trends and current conditions

Last edited:

Poser

WKR
Bunch of ETH options expire this Friday and there is reasonable expectation that we’ll see a boat back to to the 3-4K realm as a result. I’m gonna say that anything under 2k is a deal on ETH at this point.

Broomd

WKR
MF, I really can't improve on the comments section after that piece, they nail it. ABML is an absolute long term winner in my book.
That said, I'm not against swinging the stock if it looks like a decent play. I'm not 35-40 y/o any more and really don't care to hold anything for 5-10 years.

Your results may vary.

Let me just clarify I am not trying to "call you out" or disagree. Given the sentiment here that abml is a possible winner long term, wouldnt pdac be even bigger considering their clear lead in the industry?

Edit: I could see abml growing quickly and having a higher rate of return. This would be due to the lack of players in this market. If abml can compete it could take contracts from the competition.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Let me just clarify I am not trying to "call you out" or disagree. Given the sentiment here that abml is a possible winner long term, wouldnt pdac be even bigger considering their clear lead in the industry?
No worries at all, appreciate the questions; anything that prompts some varied opinions around here is a net positive.
I did the DD some time ago on these two and at the time saw AMBL as the one with the most room to actually run. Jumped in and have been in since. I think WRO started that process with his sharing that ticker.

Last edited:
No worries at all, appreciate the questions; anything that prompts some varied oprinions around here is a net postive.
I did the DD some time ago on these two and at the time saw AMBL as the one wiht the most room to actually run. Jumped in and have been in since. I think WRO started that process with his sharing that ticker.
See the edit to my original question. I think that "room to grow" could be the factor. That said I could see them diluting shares to raise money in the future.

Where my ABML bros at? I sold all mine when it went over $4 now buying back in in the mid $1-2.25 range
We are here. I am back in at $1.43 after the first pass which made me money. It might be a longer haul for big returns so we will see how long I hold. I have to build a house but that will have to wait a spell. Not even CDEV has made me enough money to do that at this point. My TSLA went long term in April but I will continue to hold that for a while. Expecting it to run back up toward $900. I loaded up on ETH on this recent downturn as I expect big numbers from it in the medium to long term.

I need to make good on my CDEV holdings. For not for those on here I would have never owned it and I am up over $10K this morning on this particular security. Who am I sending steak and lobster to?