The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

BBob

WKR
Looks like it might be a good day to buy some crypto, lots of red.
Might be. I'm in a conundrum here. Short term pattern is bullish but slightly longer term is bearish. Volume has been slowly waning over the bearish time period so I'm leaning ever so slightly bearish at the moment. It looks to be coming to a head regardless so maybe we'll get our answer soon. Pain and misery or ecstasy?

I sold off half my play money account, just left with KO, MSFT, ARCC, UUUU and a couple randos that I'm upside down in. Not getting great vibes going forward and I don't feel like playing with fire right now.

BBob

WKR
Even though it looks a bit grim at the moment (price action) Energy money flow has stayed consistently positive. I do believe those guys are indeed buying up the cheap shares.

Attachments

• SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 07_16_2021.JPG
    SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 07_16_2021.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 63
Might be. I'm in a conundrum here. Short term pattern is bullish but slightly longer term is bearish. Volume has been slowly waning over the bearish time period so I'm leaning ever so slightly bearish at the moment. It looks to be coming to a head regardless so maybe we'll get our answer soon. Pain and misery or ecstasy?

Yeah it’s been trending sideways for a bit now, it’s difficult for me to not buy when a lot of goodies are down 15% for the week. I’m hoping for ecstasy but who knows? SENS bounced back for me after taking a beating all week, so I’m happy with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
14:50:00 OPEC+ Agrees to boost oil production

Output to rise by 400,000 barrels a day each month beginning in August

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies, including Russia, agreed Sunday to further relax curbs on oil production in the face of rising demand and soaring prices.

Under the deal, announced following a virtual meeting of OPEC+ energy ministers, production will rise by 400,000 barrels a day each month beginning in August and would eventually undo all of the curbs put in place last year in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

OPEC+ agreed in April of last year to cut output by nearly 10 million barrels a day following a devastating one-month price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia just as the pandemic was shutting down the global economy. The curbs have been slowly relaxed, with members now holding 5.8 million barrels a day of production off the market. Under the Sunday agreement, the monthly output increases will continue until the curbs are eliminated.

The discipline of OPEC+ members has been cited as a major driver in the recovery of crude oil prices. Brent crude , the global benchmark, settled Friday at $73.59 a barrel, logging a weekly fall but up 42% year to date. The most actively traded Brent contract dipped below $16 a barrel in April 2020.

But it hasn't been all smooth sailing. The agreement reached Sunday came after a snag earlier this month, when the United Arab Emirates insisted that the baseline used to determine its output level should be raised and objected to a call to extend the expiration of the existing agreement on curbs from April 2022 to the end of next year.

OPEC+ on Sunday said the UAE and several other members would see their baselines raised in May 2022. The UAE's baseline would rise from 3.168 million barrels a day to 3.5 million barrels a day. Saudi Arabia and Russia would each see their baselines boosted by 500,000 barrels a day. Along with increases for other countries, OPEC+'s capacity would rise 1.632 million barrels a day in May to 45.845 million barrels a day.

Crude prices fell last week, in part due to expectations an agreement was imminent. Brent fell 2.6%, while West Texas Intermediate crude , the U.S. benchmark, dropped 3.7%.

-William Watts; 415-439-6400; [email protected]

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
07-18-21 1750ET
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

def90

WKR
What's the thoughts on airlines and hotels. They are well off of their highs from this spring. I thought they would go higher thru summer. Instead they are going lower. The ones I own are 20-30% off of the spring highs

I used to buy and sell airline stocks a bit back in the day. One thing that is guaranteed with them is that when oil goes up airlines stocks go down and vise versa. Fuel costs are their main driver, Southwest was always good at buying up future fuel reserves so they weren’t impacted like other airlines. It was almost a yearly cycle for a few years, you could buy airlines cheap in the late summer after the summer oil and gas highs and then by late winter when oil and gas would be cheaper and holiday travel reports came in the stock would jump again and you could sell. Did that for about 5 years or so.

Be careful out there today. PM is looking atrocious.
I think I’ll see a bounce on my particular holdings after open, then I’m going liquid. Too many divergences and low volume for the last 2-3 weeks.
“If it doesn’t make sense, get out”

The merger between ACEV and Achronix fell through. I sold it off this morning and used those funds to open a position in DCRC.

DCRC is merging with SolidPower. SolidPower is developing solid state batteries and is backed by Ford. SolidPower's batteries are already out for independent verification.

Still holding CDEV. Wells Fargo has an underweight rating and PT of $7.00.

Also watching CEMI like a hawk. Hitting huge resistance. Might get a short lived breakout or more.
trading DPLS like a fiend. Initial stake at .02. Day trading for good gains. Taking profits tomorrow, been burned to many times. They seem to be gaining a ton of volume and this one could go much higher.
Waiting for ASPS to come back down also after the acquisition surge last week.
I also think the commercial and residential markets are doomed.
Well, that worked out. Sold cemi at 205%.
These cOvid sympathy plays are crushing.
I’m gonna do some diligence. Hopefully there are good signals and not just random covid contract plays. I’ll post some tickets if they feel strong.
I am still seeing large large divergences between volume and all time highs. Treading with very tight stops.