The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

go_deep

WKR
Well, AXAS did not pan out the way I wanted. They'll be delisted on Wednesday and trading suspended. Sold all my shares for a 20% loss.
Waiting a few days to figure out where to put what remains.

BBob

WKR
BTC Ran into a significant fib and got halted. It was close to breaking free into clear skies but they pulled it back. It's now doing the touch-back thing and retesting a trend-line. It needs to bounce off this support, if it dips more it'll need to reverse sooner rather than later.

ES (S&P) not looking good. It's currently riding a minor trend-line for support and needs to hold. Nothing in the last four days looks good, all showing weakness. Weekly chart is signaling reversal and more hurt may be coming. Time will tell.

YM (Dow) same as ES, NQ (Nasdaq) not much better than the others. RTY (Russell) same.

go_deep

WKR
Where the holy heck is this dip going to stop?!?
Right or wrong I bought more LPI & $49.

CDEV ER today....

O & G = unimpressive sector right now, Delta variant, lockdown bs.
All O&G stock prices taking it in the arse.

PAYtience guys....
Remember that time we were up 6 figures in CDEV....well now it has flipped and my portfolio has lost 6 figures :)

It's rough out there!

As is BTC although not as hard as ETH. BTC reversed the touch-back move and bounced up off the trend-line which is a good sign.

A cool down day for BTC was expected and good. A number of alts have been having good runs as well. I’ve been wanting to pickup some more, but I’m waiting for a little pullback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
Where the holy heck is this dip going to stop?!?
Right or wrong I bought more LPI & $49.
There isn't much support under where it is right now so earnings need to look good. If it tumbles more there's support at 43.5 (two previous highs), more coming on at 42, building more and more on down to 35. My hope/bet it stops by or before 43.5ish if it drops more. Let's see what the reaction to earnings is.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
August 4, 2021 05:02 PM ET (BZ Newswire) -- Earnings
Laredo Petroleum (NYSE:LPI) reported quarterly earnings of $1.71 per share which missed the analyst consensus estimate of $2.94 by 41.84 percent. This is a 29.63 percent decrease over earnings of $2.43 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $294.37 million which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $223.88 million by 31.49 percent. This is a 166.19 percent increase over sales of $110.59 million the same period last year.

Money flow into energy took a slight uptick today and continues to stay high. Market is showing optimism in energy even with the falling prices.

Attachments

• SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 08_04_2021.JPG
    SPY Sector Rotation Money Flow 08_04_2021.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 55