The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Apollo117

WKR
I wonder if ABT is gonna get a good bounce Monday with releasing the 13 minute CV test? Said they can make 50,000 per day. That’s got to be sold out nonstop
It's a safe bet that ABT will increase on Monday even if the market decreases. If you're a buy and hold investor, then ABT is a good choice regardless since it's a Dividend Aristocrat while also having decent growth potential.

Okhotnik

WKR
It's a safe bet that ABT will increase on Monday even if the market decreases. If you're a buy and hold investor, then ABT is a good choice regardless since it's a Dividend Aristocrat while also having decent growth potential.

I picked up ABT and some MRK last Wed. Good news. It shows how dumb luck ( maybe in this case) can affect your picks.

Okhotnik

WKR
Checking a dozen media sites, both left and right and mod, they sure all pumping the Doom and gloom scenario. Going to get interesting.

Rich M

WKR
I agree with you. You won’t know, until you do. You understand this, but I see people keep posting on here saying “it’s not even close to the bottom” and I think these people are just talking out of their ass. They don’t have any actual knowledge to base this statement on. They just like to say it as if they are informed in some way. The only thing you can reliably predict about the market is that it’s unpredictable. Accept that, make the best educated guesses you can, and roll with it.
If you know someone's is talking outta they butt, then you should know the bottom when you see it.

We haven't even peaked yet. The ripple effect is gonna be significant and the time line of the businesses being closed will also help with the bottom.

Some businesses are doing well, others are closed. How does a closed business make money?

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I’m believing it will go back down by 15-20%. Why? Because here in IN, the Governor shut down all schools until May 1. Now he has only shut non-essential work down until midnight April 6. Which leads me to believe we’ll have another executive order in early April shut it down for longer, probably until May 1.
after May 1, the kids only have 3-4 weeks of school left. Your guess is as good as mine, but Im thinking if they have e-learning down and can do tests for HS finals, they’ll shut school down until this fall. Which leads to a bunch of workers having to stay home to care for kids. Which leads to us not bouncing out of this so quickly.
That’s my rationale at least.

Broomd

WKR
Yes it is.
Info coming out this week (auto sales... more jobs into, etc.) and it will all be ugly. Tuesday might be the one decent day in the market. But what do I know.
Many, many seasoned investors are saying we haven't seen anything yet with the lows.
Many lives will be lost over the next month in this country. Terra incognita......New York is a total disaster right now, frankly I'm shocked the NYSE is even functioning.

Broomd

WKR
Slipped into some Boeing on that 11% drop this morning.
Added EPR on a long buy ....helluva dividend with that company.. Will add to that on the way down if things sour, at my buy price that stock is down 60% on the month!

This is no time for the weak. Damn.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
What would you guys in the know say is a good buy these days in the Oil Industry?
I'm not 'in the know' lol....

I just picked up more OXY and MRO near it's 52 week low.. It's silly cheap and those are solid companies.
I want some Exxon with it's excellent dividend, but can't help but feel there is more bottom there.

KurtR

WKR
What made you buy that?

My brother had a wild ass guess that storage might come in to play. He bought 420 shares i only got 50 but seems his bet might pay off. Blind luck . We are just doing this for fun no real money involved a couple hundred each. I let the people who know what the hell they are doing handle the retirement haha.

I'm not 'in the know' lol....

I just picked up more OXY and MRO near it's 52 week low.. It's silly cheap and those are solid companies.
I want some Exxon with it's excellent dividend, but can't help but feel there is more bottom there.

Same, got some more MRO, was in on OXY last week in the $10’s.

I also took a position on HAL in the low $6’s

Broomd

WKR
My brother had a wild ass guess that storage might come in to play. He bought 420 shares i only got 50 but seems his bet might pay off. Blind luck . We are just doing this for fun no real money involved a couple hundred each. I let the people who know what the hell they are doing handle the retirement haha.
Good call, wish you could have shared sooner.