The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

KurtR

WKR
Good call, wish you could have shared sooner.

In all reality i dont know if i had any thing to share it was a throw at the dart board and got lucky maybe. I really would be out of my lane by a wide margin giving any advice on buying or selling stocks. Hell i just learned what most of it meant the last week reading on line. I learned alot just form you guys on here reading and looking at different companies.

fez

FNG
I’m also learning a lot by following this thread. I’m just starting to invest small amounts on some cash I had saved up. I’m excited to see what happens in the next little bit and see where I’m at in a year.

What would you guys in the know say is a good buy these days in the Oil Industry?
I’m still buying/selling VLO daily. I bought in heavy again this morning at $42 and sold at $47.20. This is just with my play money. I’m still buying VLO and holding it thru my 401K. I feel pretty confident that it’ll be a steady climb back into the mid $60’s. After that I’m guessing it’ll continue to climb, but that is mere speculation. It’s down from $100+ per share.

When Pelosi sent her wishlist to Trump with wind and solar credits, I took a hard look at Tesla. I think its overvalued by at least 25% right now, but if the wind/solar gets included in the second stimulus package, I'll be buying a position.

Just an FYI. Despite all the Dems pork, their bill never had tax credits for wind/solar.

I'm not 'in the know' lol....

I just picked up more OXY and MRO near it's 52 week low.. It's silly cheap and those are solid companies.
I want some Exxon with it's excellent dividend, but can't help but feel there is more bottom there.
You may want to rethink OXY. Look at how much they have to pay Berkshire every year in class B dividends. I'm not sure OXY survives the recession.

Broomd

WKR
Have to pay?
It's my understanding that they aren't obligated to pay those dividends...
Maybe someone can clarify.

If OXY goes down it's an indicator that we are serious trouble. I'm long on that stock, have no plans of touching it other than buying on the drops..

nrh6.7

WKR
Buffett will get his dividends regardless. On top of that, Carl Icahn is now the second largest share holder and just recently strong armed his way into getting (I think) three seats on the board, and with his history of selling companies' assets off, I'd be a little cautious. All that said, I'm not selling my shares any time soon, but probably not buying more unless I hear something promising.

ETA: Buffett basically loaned OXY $10B to help acquire Anadarko Petroleum last year, and in return gets an 8% dividend on his investment. So, while companies can reduce or stop paying dividends, that won't happen here because is was part of the deal, and specific to WB.

Last edited:
In all reality i dont know if i had any thing to share it was a throw at the dart board and got lucky maybe. I really would be out of my lane by a wide margin giving any advice on buying or selling stocks. Hell i just learned what most of it meant the last week reading on line. I learned alot just form you guys on here reading and looking at different companies.

I hope you sold all of your tops shares! That was a failed experiment of mine for fun but cost me -$115 before I could dump it.

KurtR

WKR
I hope you sold all of your tops shares! That was a failed experiment of mine for fun but cost me -$115 before I could dump it.

I bought 22 shares at.09 . Won’t be to big is a loss . I think I am still up like 4 dollars that almost 2 gallons of gas for hunting season haha

EastMT

WKR

Those penny stocks are famous for pump n dump. There’s a few “free” stock hot buy newsletters. They prop up a stock, send it out, everyone piles in while they are selling theirs.

Those penny stocks are famous for pump n dump. There’s a few “free” stock hot buy newsletters. They prop up a stock, send it out, everyone piles in while they are selling theirs.

That’s a world I don’t think I care to learn. I was in the gym when pre market opened and my portfolio was solid green except that one and I watched it fall right in front of my eyes. I had 500 shares at .48, so it wasn’t like I was too invested, but I decided really quickly that game wasn’t for me and didn’t need that stress in my life. I’m out!

What do you guys think will happen with ABT and this testing equipment they came out with? I saw it in the news conf yesterday, ABT also seems to have a lot of other good products for what’s going on with some baby formula, pedialyte, and a few other things I found interesting. Not sure if it’s a long term hold, but a buy at $80 think it will pump up to $100?

Apollo117

WKR
What do you guys think will happen with ABT and this testing equipment they came out with? I saw it in the news conf yesterday, ABT also seems to have a lot of other good products for what’s going on with some baby formula, pedialyte, and a few other things I found interesting. Not sure if it’s a long term hold, but a buy at $80 think it will pump up to $100?
Well, the 5 year low is about $36 and the P/E ratio is close to 40, so I wouldn't buy it right now. Even with the new testing kits they came out with, I think ABT is way over priced. Will it get close to $100? I don't think so. $90 is the highest ABT has ever been.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I’m still buying/selling VLO daily. I bought in heavy again this morning at $42 and sold at $47.20. This is just with my play money. I’m still buying VLO and holding it thru my 401K. I feel pretty confident that it’ll be a steady climb back into the mid $60’s. After that I’m guessing it’ll continue to climb, but that is mere speculation. It’s down from $100+ per share.

Valero looks good. VLO

Broomd

WKR
Topps was volatile. Would have loved to have seen that on the way up, but two days in it was toxic.

That EPR I mentioned yesterday has been a rocket. BA is flying too.
Actually making some money. *shocked*

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
Just an FYI. Despite all the Dems pork, their bill never had tax credits for wind/solar.

Correct, but it's on their liberal shopping list for these stimulus packages. They've stated their intention to get this in one of the packages. Like I said, stay tuned and watch for it to get a position early.

Broomd

WKR
Correct, but it's on their liberal shopping list for these stimulus packages. They've stated their intention to get this in one of the packages. Like I said, stay tuned and watch for it to get a position early.
Is Telsa your only plyer with that? I see Tesla is heading up after the drop off last Monday.

EastMT

WKR
Well the talking heads think we will go lower than previous bottom. I was thinking the same thing with the numbers rising of CV, extensions etc. Gonna be bumpy until we level out. Based on the current curves they are expecting 2200 people to die on April 15th. This looks like a rough ride from a personal and financial standpoint. Hopefully 2 more weeks and we get through the worst of it.