The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Okhotnik

WKR
I pulled all out in work 401 k last Friday and left a few long term in other account. Sitting it out and waiting now

Broomd

WKR
I picked up CLR and dumped it for a quick gain. Be a great deal if it survives.
+1....
It's funny how we all dig in the dirt to find gainers.
I squeaked out a decent gain today too.
Picked up ARNC after it debuted today and was quickly hammered.
Bought at it's low and got a nice bounce right before close.

That trade was all about patience selling right at the bell.

+1....
It's funny how we all dig in the dirt to find gainers.
I squeaked out a decent gain today too.
Picked up ARNC after it debuted today and was quickly hammered.
Bought at it's low and got a nice bounce right before close.

That trade was all about patience selling right at the bell.

How the heck did you manage a gain today? Think I dropped about $800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR

Hey, you're not alone, our long term blue chip stuff got hammered like everyone else.

I told my wife this morning I was gonna day-trade and make at least $100 no matter how bad the market was. That's not a lot of money but it was all about the challenge. I lucked out. :)

IdahoElk

WKR
No amount of money the Fed throws into the black hole that's our stock market is going to save it. I can't fathom tossing hard earned money into it,you guys are nuts but I wish you luck.

Okhotnik

WKR

I picked up NUGT at close yesterday and sold mid day today. Friggin luck but figured some might jump into precious metals

Im down a bit in my personal account. I have about 20 per cent in market ( blue chip stocks) and 80 sitting in a very low interest account.

I wish I knew where the bottom is.

I pulled my work 401k last week out of market and placed in a low interest very low risk fund after a week of gains.

Im waiting now

Okhotnik

WKR
Scared money don’t make money!

If you have enough savings, good secure job and paid off debts think market will be a decent investments in next few months as long as you can wait a few years for gains. May wrong and we go into a long deep recession lol

Dang, I wonder if these oil gains will stick? Everything I have is up +15% or more. I am tempted to sell and take gains and then buy back in on a dip, but will kick myself if they steadily go up. I was long on oil so it would be against what I said I would do...decisions!

fez

FNG
I’m hanging onto MRO but why didn’t I buy CVX and XOM at opening today. 😬

Okhotnik

WKR
My OXY is up a bit today. Over 30 per cent but dropped to 15 gain. My AM is up and COG was up and down now.

Debating to pick up more BA if dips below 125

Broomd

WKR
I did something I hadn't planned on, I sold my oil stocks on that spike. Broke even with OXY, MRO etc.
That sector is going to get punished going forward and there are too many other solid picks when we hit bottom.
I want the cash ready.

MRO is a solid stock that I'll play with occasionally.

Beendare

WKR
Initially I was so wrong about this....I started dollar cost averaging buying dips. Then I got stopped out while going down....and sold 90% of my holdings before taking a loss. I'm still off about 12%...but now at least almost all of my $$ is in cash inc IRA's.

I'm looking to buy but I'm waiting....this market will drop much more is my guess. Playing these ups and downs is not in my DNA...kudos to the guys that can do it

EDIT; there is one clear picture strategy here....the big boys like Blackrock are buying big industry leaders in Brazil [down 53%] Its clear that buying small companies is rolling the dice, the strong large cap companies will be the leaders coming out of this.

__