The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Trump is hopeful that Saudi Arabia and Russia will make a deal and then oil prices should go back up. I have a ton of OXY and just bought some MRO.

Okhotnik

WKR
Trump is hopeful that Saudi Arabia and Russia will make a deal and then oil prices should go back up. I have a ton of OXY and just bought some MRO.

Hope so. I picked up a lot of oxy near its bottom. Probably sell half of it at. $13.90 take some profits . Want more cash and wait. probably wrong lol. Hard not to to play it on up days. lol

A bit down on my ALK, LUV and BA. Slowly pick up more dollar cost average for long haul.

Last edited:
Hope so. I picked up a lot of oxy near its bottom. Probably sell half of it at. $14. Want more cash and wait. probably wrong lol

A bit down on my ALK, LUV and BA. Slowly pick up more.

I'm hopeful it can get higher than that! $16-17 then I'll sell. My brother in law works in the oil fields and he's very optimistic that they'll be working again soon. Oxy 52 week high was close to $67 I beleive?

Good golly I might have a problem. I’ve checked in here at least once an hour all day today waiting for the secret to quit losing money in the stock market. I think I gained $100 back on the 800 lost yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Good golly I might have a problem. I’ve checked in here at least once an hour all day today waiting for the secret to quit losing money in the stock market. I think I gained $100 back on the 800 lost yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had bigger set of balls, not rely on emotions and waited a few more days to sell I would have tripled gains and could have financed two moose hunts with it. But I'll take smaller gains rather than losses. You don't lose if you don't sell. I should stay out the next two weeks.

I'm down $1500 on my airlines stocks but no intention to sell. And if they drop another 5 per cent will start picking more up slowly

Oil should get interesting again today with the white House visit and then I think I saw something about an OPEC meeting on Monday. I sold some off at the peaks yesterday and then bought a back in on MRO and OXY when they came down from those crazy highs.

I kept chevron in my portfolio as I think overtime it’s the smartest oil play.

Anyone else own ABT? I bought last week when I read about the testing, it’s been pretty boring thus far, but earnings in a few weeks. If we get a red dip today you may be able to get in around $76 or so, which is where I’m at.

Broomd

WKR
Hope so. I picked up a lot of oxy near its bottom. Probably sell half of it at. $13.90 take some profits . Want more cash and wait. probably wrong lol. Hard not to to play it on up days. lol

A bit down on my ALK, LUV and BA. Slowly pick up more dollar cost average for long haul.

There's a ton of grief coming for transportation sector, they are bleeding major cash with zero use for the unknown future..
Pace yourself with these guys. More and probably big losses are coming over the next 60 days.
I wouldn't touch airlines, cruise ships,...oil is the 'x' factor. I'll get into oil only if stocks test recent lows. ex. If MRO is south of 3.15, Oxy 10.00, etc. I'm in.

If a cure is found or covid numbers fall dramatically, dive in with that idle cash.
The wife and I grabbed 200 shares of Boeing at $92. Also picked up substantial positions in:
BP @ $16.50
Chevron @ $62
ExxonMob @ $35
Disney @ $81
Apple @ $212
Starbucks @ $52
This was a great reference posting....great buys, but I'm not so sure that we don't retest these lows.

Be ready for some of these if we get close or below these prices!

Last edited:

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone else own ABT? I bought last week when I read about the testing, it’s been pretty boring thus far, but earnings in a few weeks. If we get a red dip today you may be able to get in around $76 or so, which is where I’m at.

ABT has always been one of my largest holdings. My cost basis is $28.32/share

So oil drops 10%, futures are up 250. Shows what I know.......I was expecting a bloodbath
Yeah but shoot, futures were up last Thursday evening as well, but the Dow still closed down over 1.5% on Friday. I guess anything's possible, but since I'm not a day trader, I think I'll just stay on the conservative side for a bit longer.

jfs82

WKR
I've bought Southwest, Brookfield Asset Management, Delta recently. Obviously not for day trading goals. I do have an order in place for opening tomorrow to gamble on CODX a bit as a shorter term investment. Disney, Apple, Micron, Johnson&Johnson, Starbucks, Alteryx are all on my buy list in the next month or two.

EastMT

WKR
I’ve lost a couple percent in the 401k since rolling it back in, but I’m riding it till the wheels fall off. I’m hoping for a peak soon, start trending back up as we start putting people to work again

Baddog

WKR
I’ve lost a couple percent in the 401k since rolling it back in, but I’m riding it till the wheels fall off. I’m hoping for a peak soon, start trending back up as we start putting people to work again
Are people going back to work?