The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Beendare

WKR
You guys jumping in and out are gutsy....this thing is volatile as heck. Up this AM...then closed flat. Looks like short covering...and short squeezes.

I was looking at energy space....but I think I'm going to stick with watching big integrated- Exxon, Chevron ....every other sector of oil is a disaster. The shale guys are toast...Oil in the isolated areas is ridiculously low and the pipeline MLP's are sucking bad.

I saw where the tanker prices went from $250,000 a load....down to $20,000 when the Saudis started playing games and then the price bounced back up to $300,000/load.

Thats just gambling there.....but of course the more risk you take on.......the more reward.

_____

This is insane, I just sold OXY again for 20% gains again, that’s 2x in the last week.

would love to hear any more thoughts on oil before tomorrow’s OPEC meeting. I am only holding CVX right now, but a pretty big position (for me and my money).

And what’s the Take on PG, I’ve been watching them, pretty flat and not running up like the market had the last few days. P/E is really high, earnings in 4/21...and they own charmin which is impossible to find anymore :)

This is insane, I just sold OXY again for 20% gains again, that’s 2x in the last week.

would love to hear any more thoughts on oil before tomorrow’s OPEC meeting. I am only holding CVX right now, but a pretty big position (for me and my money).

And what’s the Take on PG, I’ve been watching them, pretty flat and not running up like the market had the last few days. P/E is really high, earnings in 4/21...and they own charmin which is impossible to find anymore :)
I’d feel worse for selling OXY at $13 but luckily the place where I put my money is doing just as good!

i got no idea what’s going to come next for oil, I thought I was smart for selling on Monday and I was obviously wrong.

I’ve been buying and selling VLO, OXY, and a couple others daily. I’m buying in where I think is a low for the day and then selling it all before the close of the day. The after hours shit on oi/energy is crazy right now. There may be a $5-$7 swing in where it closes vs where it opens (in either direction). I sleep much better dumping it all before the close. I’ve left a little on the table a few times doing this, but it has damn sure saved me from losing a lot as well.
Futures will be interesting this evening.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The higher this goes the more FOMO there is going to be, pushing it higher....

Should be an interesting next couple months.

I’m too big of a chicken to mess with day trading, but I did pick up some Exxon and Chevron stock last week for my kids college accounts. I’ve got another chunk of cash I need to get invested here in the next week or so as well but haven’t decided what to buy yet.

jfs82

WKR
Im debating, with a few more up days, reducing a good amount of positions and transitioning them to some blue chips so I can stop looking at the market 9 times a day (apple, amazon)

Johnboy

WKR
TRTX did well for me today.
If you're still in this, it's kicking butt again this morning. I bid too low and missed getting in today. But I know so little about this stuff, I might as well be in Vegas.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Diamondback Energy (FANG) is up 170% since it's March 18th lows. I didn't get more at the exact bottom, but I also have shares from above this current price as well. It's all averaging out pretty nicely though at this point.

I honestly have no clue what to expect day to day. I assumed the markets would have hit hard today with unemployment numbers coming in.... preparing for the fall.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Debated all morning and finally sold my OXY. Up 70ish% overall. We'll see if I got out too early.