The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
Best bet would be keeping an eye out for whIchever company is closest to vaccine

Yes that ABIO was up 450% today, I was chicken, didn’t want to be a bag holder of a sell off happened. It was under $9 when I got the alert it was moving this morning. Still went well past doubling again. Tough not to chase those, but been burned before.......

Broomd

WKR
What's a good price to get in on HLX? Looks pretty steady with not much swing but has had a good run the last week, don't want to buy too high
My last substantial buy-in was at 2.02. Sold at $2.70 or so...and of course it ran. Grin.
I then re-bought in recently at $3.10 just to have something going on with so much cash on the side line. I'll probably watch for a $4 exit.. With the next really bearish downturn I'm going to pick up 5K shares.
Depends on how you look at it... short or long? They traded around $10 pre Corona. They are a solid company that is not reliant on drilling. ...
They are imho, one of the best investments right now, long or short.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Was looking at SRG earlier today for a longer hold. Was curious if anyone else had any input?
I've got a large stake in it. In around $7 and it normally pops around 11.50, but it's dragging ass.
Could've taken a fine profit near $10 this morning but the bottom fell out of it in 30 minutes.
It's literally the last of my wash-rinse-repeat stocks at present and it's usually the last to reach peak. This cycle may be different though.
It's a 'mall' stock so it defies the odds anyway.

Most of the REIT stocks held long should yield serious kwan in this market.

EastMT

WKR
I've got a large stake in it. In around $7 and it normally pops around 11.50, but it's dragging ass.
Could've taken a fine profit near $10 this morning but the bottom fell out of it in 30 minutes.
It's literally the last of my wash-rinse-repeat stocks at present and it's usually the last to reach peak. This cycle may be different though.

I like the chart on SRG. Multiple bottoms at or a bit below $7. I’ll def set an alert up for this one. Thanks for putting it on the radar.

Clarktar

WKR

Reit?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
Reit?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Real estate investment trust. Look it up
And read. Very defined way company can fall into category. Good way to get exposure to commercial/industrial/residential types of real estate in different regions of country and varied industries. From malls to condos to industrial complexes and everything in between.

I have a few in my current holdings from penny style on up.

Jeremy11

FNG
I like the chart on SRG. Multiple bottoms at or a bit below $7. I’ll def set an alert up for this one. Thanks for putting it on the radar.
Do you subscribe to an alert service as well as setting up your own? What do you use for your own alerts? Does it come with your broker platform? Asking cos I'd like to do something similar. Thanks and good luck!

wayoh22

WKR
I use Webull for my personal alerts. You can set it to alert above or below a certain price or lots of other options.
Just checked it out and think I might be switching from RH. Overall there's much more functionality

EastMT

WKR
Do you subscribe to an alert service as well as setting up your own? What do you use for your own alerts? Does it come with your broker platform? Asking cos I'd like to do something similar. Thanks and good luck!

I use both RH and Webull. Robinhood is nice for quick look ups, price history. It’s a lot faster when just looking at 5 year data. When you want more info, WB Is better. So I go back and forth depending on needs at the time

I use both RH and Webull. Robinhood is nice for quick look ups, price history. It’s a lot faster when just looking at 5 year data. When you want more info, WB Is better. So I go back and forth depending on needs at the time
I use the same two as well and my thoughts are exactly the same on them. RH for quick looks and WB for much more depth and functionality.

CorbLand

WKR
What’s the advantage of using multiple platforms? I see a couple of you guys doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the advantage of using multiple platforms? I see a couple of you guys doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I started with Robinhood because I was new to this and didn't know much. RH has a very basic/simple user interface. Great for beginners. The charting on RH is very poor however. Once someone gets comfortable and familiar with charts, you'll be wanting more than RH offers currently. Webull is the free alternative for more advanced trader. Way better charting. Way better news/info per individual stock. Much more in depth user interface. Since I started with RH, I already had a decent amount of money there and they will charge you $75 to transfer your account to another platform......so I have just left it there and continue to use it and we bull as well.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use TDA and RH but have $0 in RH. As with others I use RH for quick looks. RH is perfectly fine though to get your feet wet in trading as long as you are using other resources as well.

EastMT

WKR
Well I just sold another penny I bought Wednesday, VISL bought at .283, sold at .31 Limit. Hair under my 10% sell order, it’s been topping out at .31 lately so I got nervous and took my 9%. Next......

EastMT

WKR
Another multiple bottom to keep an eye on is OSBC. Seems to bottom in the low $6’s, tops out around $8. It’s up high now, waiting on the drop to $6.50 or lower, then will reassess based on candles for buy in