The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
Whats your thoughts on CDEV lately?

My thoughts are that it’s been trending up after these little consolidation periods. If it doesn’t drop below $.98 it will should continue that pattern. Unless some good or bad news comes out, then all of that is out the door. If it holds $.98, it could be a good swing play for +/- 20% next week or so if you aren’t a long term holder.

Attachments

• 54E9DD96-C8A7-4087-A06C-5F1960D7CC04.jpeg
    54E9DD96-C8A7-4087-A06C-5F1960D7CC04.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 50

Jess

FNG
My thoughts are that it’s been trending up after these little consolidation periods. If it doesn’t drop below $.98 it will should continue that pattern. Unless some good or bad news comes out, then all of that is out the door. If it holds $.98, it could be a good swing play for +/- 20% next week or so if you aren’t a long term holder.
Thanks Coop. I was just hoping i didn't miss anything. I got in a while back at $.93 and just holding to see if it will move up to $2 or $3 in the next month or so.

EastMT

WKR
What I do in that position is set a stop loss at $.93, that way it has 6% or so for a dip if necessary, worst case you break even. If it’s dropping too bad you can buy back lower.

EastMT

WKR
Also I forgot to add, move that stop loss up as it gains. If it shoots up to $2, move it well up there so you can lock profits if it drops while you aren’t looking

Johnboy

WKR
What I do in that position is set a stop loss at $.93, that way it has 6% or so for a dip if necessary, worst case you break even. If it’s dropping too bad you can buy back lower.
Coop, can you define your exact sell order settings for this concept?

EastMT

WKR
Coop, can you define your exact sell order settings for this concept?

So on AIM I bought in at $2.69, it is currently sitting at $2.80. I initially put my stop loss at 5% below purchase price. Once it moved up I adjusted it to $2.69 so if it craters I break even. If it hits $3 I will move it up to maybe $2.80, etc and keep moving it up as it goes.

I have my profits set at 25% in case I am not on and it pops up. If I am on and it starts moving I will remove the sell order and watch it carefully.

On Webull you click on the stock in Holdings section, and Choose Take profit/Stop Loss and set them there. You can then slide the price and adjust on your chart screen, I really like this in Webull.

On Robinhood you have to do this twice, once for stop loss, once for sell limit. You can also set a Trailing Stop Order, choose a % off the high that you want to sell. If this was on RH, and it climbs to $3, then drops say 5%, it would sell automatically at $2.85.

The Trailing stop loss is tough because sometimes a consolidation drops quite a bit and can cost you a few % points, but if you can’t watch a lot, it can be handy. I happen to be working nights right now so can play quite a bit.

Here’s a pic of my current sell order, at break even stop loss, 25% profit lock.

Attachments

• 6121BDE1-318E-4DE9-A75C-13A2ED243FC8.jpeg
    6121BDE1-318E-4DE9-A75C-13A2ED243FC8.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 58

Broomd

WKR
Grabbed the boat and trolled for Kokanee (landlocked red salmon) today ...fun to get out and get a few. Doesn't look like I missed much with the market.

Got back during end of market to grab some APA, will grab more if it trends down.
GPMT is/was also on the verge of a decent pickup...

EastMT

WKR
Grabbed the boat and trolled for Kokanee (landlocked red salmon) today ...fun to get out and get a few. Doesn't look like I missed much with the market.

Got back during end of market to grab some APA, will grab more if it trends down.

Friday’s are the slowest day for trades it seems. I only made 2 today, there were a few but I was either late or scared haha.

I picked up some more GPMT today at $4.95 a share. I like the stock quite a bit. I hope they bring back their dividend sooner rather than later as that will just be extra icing on the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m scared of USO and posted why a couple pages back. I liquidated my position and did well. It most likely could pop and keep going up though.
I’ve been researching and bought ASPS. Real estate foreclosure company. They did very well after 2008. We’ll see what happens now and where they go for a long hold.
Also bought back into MRO on lows Yesterday for a quick profit on Monday I hope.

TWG0572

WKR
Gambled big and picked up 18 k shares of MGEN yesterday at .75. Dumping today for a quick profit. Bought some more Paypal yesterday near 141. Paypals been jumping up and down maybe looking for a stable price.

Bought some PVAC at lows this morning too.
Bought 1 k more shares of SAVE at 12.97 low today and added to SPIRIT DAL, ALK at lows today. Airlines a lot of oil were way down the first hour. Did more dollar cost averaging.

Probably sell a bunch before Friday lulls.
Wow! Maybe you should pay for the McMillan stock you got from me if you have so much money!

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow! Maybe you should pay for the McMillan stock you got from me if you have so much money!
How much were you shorted and do you have messages to prove he shorted you? If so, I would post them up. OHOKNICK has been a good member, but if he really wronged you, I for one, would like to know about it.

TWG0572

WKR
How much were you shorted and do you have messages to prove he shorted you? If so, I would post them up. OHOKNICK has been a good member, but if he really wronged you, I for one, would like to know about it.
He offered me $575 for my McMillan Game Scout and sent a money order for $475. I let him know that he was a $100 short and he was very apologetic and said he would mail the $100 the next day. So like a dumb ass and just thinking it was an honest mistake I went ahead and shipped the stock. After he received the stock and tracking confirmation I ask when he would have time to ship off the other $100. He cut all communication and will not respond. Yes I have all messages that prove this and admin is looking into it. Not sure why he would do this for a $100

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Thats pretty shitty. Not sure why anyone would jeopardize their reputation for $100.00. Hopefully the admins get it all figured out. If you have all the messages to prove what you say, It should be as easy as: he sends you a $100 or he gets the Ban hammer.