The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

NDGuy

WKR
Sold all my Draft Kings. Bought in at $18 and the $20s man I wished I dumped a few grand into that one.

mntnguide

WKR
Im up nearly 100% from past week on GNUS. Wish i would have bought more! Overall a good looking day, HLX making a great run. Wish CDEV would get off the pot and start climbing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
Yep, pretty good day.
Haven't been able to buy into the usual high fliers, just too expensive right now.

But others have stepped up--just sold HLX for a tidy profit, Should have done the same with GPMT at it's recent high this morning but I was busy and hadn't set a limit order. Grrrr.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
IMO the risk/reward for natural gas at its current level is very good. I bought some UGAZ a little bit ago as its farting around the past couple days resistance levels. A drop below $13 and I'll stop out as new lows will be occuring.

Edit: This is a very short term hold for me. Also keep in mind UGAZ is a 3x leveraged ETF.

Last edited:

TruckMonkey

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve done real well since the big Covid drop. I pulled out my conservative stuff that didn’t drop much and got a little more aggressive. Up about 40% since then but now I am keeping the stop losses pretty tight.

EastMT

WKR
So 1 pet dog test positive for CV19, ZOM takes off up 10% in minutes because they have a test for that. Lol, this is the fun with all the medical stuff right now. One hint if news, bam 10%+

EastMT

WKR
4a726e7f34a6e4c2c8829f5a280ddf8f.jpg

This is a guy I’ve been following on Stocktwits. He’s a pumper but you can make money if you wait for the right time to get in on the trades he’s pushing and get out in time. I think I’d quit trading at that point and live on interest, hunt/fish 12 months a year haha.

Clarktar

WKR
God Lord. I wish I could pull of a daily gain like that!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
God Lord. I wish I could pull of a daily gain like that!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So he is a day trader. He pumps stuff up pretty bad, talks big expectations and gets new investors wound up and end up bag holding, but if you watch the candles and get in and out you can make good money.

Here is the chart of the one he pumped all weekend, telling how it was gonna shoot up. It went crazy early premarket, and too many people jumped in on the rise and got stuck. You wait for a good pullback, then buy and watch it live the entire time, don’t leave your computer for these. Easy buy in, 1 hour hovering around $1.70, then boom up to $2.40-2.50 range. Quick 50% profit.

Just don’t gamble with your entire portfolio, 10% is a safe range to use. 90% in long term growth stocks, 10% to play with. Stock to it. I watched a 2 hour day trading course the other night, average retail stock trader lasts 3-4 months before they lose most of their money due to gambling with too big a chunk of their money. Keep it safe, supplement your safe funds with a few day trades.

If you don’t have $25k, you can do 3 day trades per week, pick your 3, make good calls, don’t use emotions. Make a plan, I’m shooting for 25% etc, then get out. Don’t look back and regret it when it goes another 50%. A 25 percent gain on 10% of you portfolio is 2.5% total. That’s smoking. As you can see he made .43% for the day. Keep making those 2.5% increases and it will multiply fast. Don’t have unrealistic expectations of doubling your portfolio in a day, that’s how you end up a statistic.

Attachments

• 2D155016-953C-46FA-8BD1-BBCADC34B7A1.jpeg
    2D155016-953C-46FA-8BD1-BBCADC34B7A1.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 72