The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
So here is the 1 minute chart for GNUS, when you see that RSI start approaching 80, that’s over bought signal, get ready for a pullback. I know a lot of guys know this, but sharing for the new guys. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 17D3B7A5-8EEA-4E26-B017-4A1284403C20.jpeg
    17D3B7A5-8EEA-4E26-B017-4A1284403C20.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 65

Clarktar

WKR
So here is the 1 minute chart for GNUS, when you see that RSI start approaching 80, that’s over bought signal, get ready for a pullback. I know a lot of guys know this, but sharing for the new guys. Hope this helps.
Turns out my accidental sell was my best move of the day!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jst_Enuf

FNG
I'm fairly new to all of this and have been following this thread and dabbling with my TD Ameritrade account. Everything is too good to be true right now and it gives me a false sense of thinking this is easy. I'm trying to keep myself in check and I appreciate all of the opinions and insight you guys have put out there. Little things like this are super helpful to me. Thank you!

EastMT

WKR
I'm fairly new to all of this and have been following this thread and dabbling with my TD Ameritrade account. Everything is too good to be true right now and it gives me a false sense of thinking this is easy. I'm trying to keep myself in check and I appreciate all of the opinions and insight you guys have put out there. Little things like this are super helpful to me. Thank you!

Yes it’s very easy to get over confident in a recovery and get too bold. Guilty of this myself here and there.

What app are you using for the data and graphs

dpat

FNG
Well the good news is I was working on something else when GNUS dropped like a rock so I didn't sell now its back at 6.95 crazy for sure keeping a close eye on it. Don't want to be greedy but making some great money on it.

For any of you that are interested in trading options, you should give it a try. Ive been doing some research and learning, but I'm still only poking around. Ive been doing pretty good so far with them. If there is a stock that you are pretty confident will increase in price in the next 30-60 days, buy an option on it for a strike price you feel it will reach or surpass. I did really well with options on DKNG and Im currently doing pretty good with VLO CCL, and HAL options. You can only lose the premium you pay so if you are working with a sub $20 stock, you aren't out much.

EastMT

WKR
I sold CIDM and INPX a bit early, missed out on another 20-30% with those ripping today. I’d rather sell early than late. I do know trading and building fence is a hard combo! I should live in a condo if I was to say trade all the time.

I’ve always been a buy and hold long term investor, just learning the day trading. So far it’s been good but like I said, it’s hard to tell if you are doing good or the rebound/covid bio medicine angle is why I’m doing well. I’ll stay conservative, take little bites while I learn.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Dumped SBUX yesterday for minimal gains, about 2%. Bought into COTY yesterday close to the days lows. Today its up 12% so far. Don't know how long i'll hold yet.

Still holding DAL, T, DFS, and MRO. Also have two ETF's, VOE and VBR.

Is anyone thinking about transitioning to cash over the next week or two with 2nd quarter earnings coming in the near future?