The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Is anybody else stuck on the sidelines with these peaks? I sold quite a few over the last ten days and as such I'm on the outside looking in.
I'm popping in and getting a few bargains and trading accordingly, but it's killing me to be sitting on so much cash right now.
Any real (solid) bargains out there that aren't near current highs?

I've been sitting for the past 10 days as well. Lots of stocks looking away overpriced. Probably should have been buying everything in sight, it just keep rising.

Sold some SAVE today at a 99% gain. Unfortunately I only had a few shares.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Is anybody else stuck on the sidelines with these peaks? I sold quite a few over the last ten days and as such I'm on the outside looking in.
I'm popping in and getting a few bargains and trading accordingly, but it's killing me to be sitting on so much cash right now.
I was actually going to say something similar yesterday. My routine is I usually pick up a handful at the end of the day and after flipping through my watchlist, I didn’t see anything that really struck me. I’m holding one position right now and that’s it. I honestly could use a break anyways, I get burned out every few months where I just need to step back, focus on something different and give myself a mental break. Probably a good time to do it.

I hear you. There are a few I’m just riding I bought into and waiting to get back to their normal before corona and then I wish I could catch some of these that are low and just double in a day. Killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Over the last 2 weeks it has been SOLID. EVRI has done great, UAL had some big gains. Overall I'm up 40% on my money. I'm hoping to double it over the next year or so.

Broomd

WKR
Over the last 2 weeks it has been SOLID. EVRI has done great, UAL had some big gains. Overall I'm up 40% on my money. I'm hoping to double it over the next year or so.
Yes it has, but the waiting to buy back in with this bull run is a lesson in patience. I made a grand yesterday on QEP and HLX on shorts, I felt lucky to do so. We just need to pick at the edges and wait for the downturn.

Help, talk me out of selling. I’m up almost 80% on SAVE and it’s up considerably pre market. This is uncharted territory for a historically mutual fund guy.

Clarktar

WKR
Yes it has, but the waiting to buy back in with this bull run is a lesson in patience. I made a grand yesterday on QEP and HLX on shorts, I felt lucky to do so. We just need to pick at the edges and wait for the downturn.
This is my general feeling also. There has been steady rises of late but I feel it will come back down and that is when I will jump in some more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rob86jeep

WKR
I hope anyone that jumped on the GNUS train wasn't still holding. It's currently diving right now from the $11's into the $4's (as of now).

wayoh22

WKR
About to cash in on PENN if I see it start to go down. I can see it hitting $36.25-$37.00 by 2pm. Take my profits and buy in later.

EDIT: sold and took a nice profit. Set my stop loss a little high but better than being burned.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Help, talk me out of selling. I’m up almost 80% on SAVE and it’s up considerably pre market. This is uncharted territory for a historically mutual fund guy.
Sorry I just saw this.
I would have been the guy telling you to be patient. Looks like SAVE has skyrocketed since you sold.

Sorry I just saw this.
I would have been the guy telling you to be patient. Looks like SAVE has skyrocketed since you sold.
I sold at 21.46. Watched it close and kept adjusting my stop loss( correct term?) upwards. Caught it near the top. Hoping for some Friday profit taking and get back in.

Like I’ve said before. This is all so new to me but it’s fun and exciting

EastMT

WKR
I screwed up big time this week, I had 1900 shares of CIDM at $.80, sold for a small gain. That $1500 was $9500 this morning. Argh.

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
I sold all of my 950 shares of AAL yesterday at $11.97. Kicking myself pretty hard right now after watching it drive up 25% this morning.