The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Literally everything I’ve sold since watching this page, I’ve sold too early. F, RCL, NCLH, BA, SAVE, GTE and TOPS. They all made me a way higher percentage of profit than I’m used to, so this isn’t in any way a complaint, just a public admission to myself that I have lots to learn.
HTZ, UAL, JBLU, CDEV, EPR and FET I’m holding longer while trying to learn.

Clarktar

WKR
Hope you all made some money on TOPS. The reason you don’t want to hold long is they either make anther offering and dilute shares or a reverse split. Get in, make some money, get out. I’ve been hitting this one, SHIP in the .12’s for a couple years. But don’t get stuck!

I'm still holding. Looking for 0.29 :oops:

Looking at a lot of green on the screen and some big percentage gains today.

Let go of some positions just to get on the right side of my margin balance.

Sold:

CDEV @ 1.27
HLX @ 4.99
HPQ @ 17.45
VLO @ 75.50

Still holding:

JETS +28%
DFEN +32%
VIAC +42%
TSLA +105%

My gold holdings are the only thing that look bad today but what a day. Cheers to all the helpful guys and helpful info on this thread. I hope you are all making money.

"Be greedy when the market is fearful but be fearful when the market is greedy."

Looking at a lot of green on the screen and some big percentage gains today.

Let go of some positions just to get on the right side of my margin balance.

Sold:

CDEV @ 1.27
HLX @ 4.99
HPQ @ 17.45
VLO @ 75.50

Still holding:

JETS +28%
DFEN +32%
VIAC +42%
TSLA +105%

My gold holdings are the only thing that look bad today but what a day. Cheers to all the helpful guys and helpful info on this thread. I hope you are all making money.

"Be greedy when the market is fearful but be fearful when the market is greedy."

What do you like for gold holdings? Today might be a good day for me to get in.
...and just said I’m not looking at the market today haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
CPE up 67% today, to think I almost wavered on some of these small oils late last week and sold. I'm thankful I didn't. Damn.
FET is probably the biggest bargain of the bunch right now, I picked up a few more thousand shares at the low today.
Can't help but think these (formerly) penny oilers are going to be insane gains in the next two months. My CDEV is up $16K profit right now on my sheet. I hope some of you are still with me on it!

Johnboy

WKR
CPE up 67% today, to think I almost wavered on some of these small oils late last week and sold. I'm thankful I didn't. Damn.
FET is probably the biggest bargain of the bunch right now, I picked up a few more thousand shares at the low today.
Can't help but think these (formerly) penny oilers are going to be insane gains in the next two months. My CDEV is up $16K profit right now on my sheet. I hope some of you are still with me on it!

I'm still in both FET and CDEV, albeit not as deep as I now wish. Frustrating thing, that hindsight, in a bull market.

mwebs

WKR
When is the pull back? DOW at 27,200 given the current circumstances... Yea some jobs were added in May because companies were trying to maximize their PPP loan forgiveness, that doesn't mean companies were anywhere near profitable revenue levels.. They weren't. Weird market, obviously isn't jiving with companies cash flow forecasts, revenues, re-budgets, etc. Just have to think we will get smacked with reality at some point, but hey I will ride this fantasy as long as I can, took a bunch of profits today, now I will just wait for reality to hit and buy back in!

Bobbyboe

WKR
When is the pull back? DOW at 27,200 given the current circumstances... Yea some jobs were added in May because companies were trying to maximize their PPP loan forgiveness, that doesn't mean companies were anywhere near profitable revenue levels.. They weren't. Weird market, obviously isn't jiving with companies cash flow forecasts, revenues, re-budgets, etc. Just have to think we will get smacked with reality at some point, but hey I will ride this fantasy as long as I can, took a bunch of profits today, now I will just wait for reality to hit and buy back in!

Im only sitting on about 2% cash right now, but can certainly add more to my fund if needed. I’m also wondering if we are getting into overvalued territory, where a major correction will happen.

A co-worker’s wife is an investor and they are targeting mid June to pull back and go mostly cash. The Buffet quote about being cautious while others are greedy is in my mind. Sure seems like a greedy market, where nothing is moving based on reality. We have riots, Covid, and are living through a recession and yet the market is booming. Just weird!

I don’t want to miss out on this run and am not, but don’t want to lose all my profits during another crash.....

where’s my crystal ball?

EastMT

WKR
I need UAVS and GSAT up a few more pennies and I’ll reach my daily profit goal. Come on........

Edit. Boom, GSAT hit my sell limit at 15%. UAVS needs a tweet or something 😂

Last edited:
Shortly before Q2 earnings at the end of the month seems like a logical timeframe for a correction, but absolutely nothing about the world these days is logical

wayoh22

WKR
Shortly before Q2 earnings at the end of the month seems like a logical timeframe for a correction, but absolutely nothing about the world these days is logical

What’s a correction? Asking for a friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk