The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
Sorry, above was for you guys, forgot to quote
@Johnboy
TDA is going to be WAY more accurate and update much quicker/often than Stocktwits. I’ve found TDA to be more accurate than Robinhood as well.

Work got in the way today for me to do much. I’m going to do a quick blitz on my watchlist and see if anything catches my fancy.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Sold TOPS and MRO today. Made some $$$ and now I got some "Dry powder." Great day in the market today is an understatement. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that much green!!

Only had one Stop Loss hit all day!! And i was moving them up as the market went up. Turns out it was just a bump in the road for IVR, after it hit it went up again, oh well. Solid day!

IVR has been killing it for me lately! I’m up close to 50% on it. And they’re still paying their $.50 per share dividend (at least for now). What’s not to love?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
So take this with a grain of salt, but I’ll be watching Monday morning for a scalp.

The guy who pushed, pumped CETX all last weekend when it closed at a dollar, opened and ran to $3.18, then dropped by half to $1.58 and proceeded to run to $2.50 is pumping a new one now. It’s SPCB. Now this is a gamble so dont do it if you can’t move and trade fast, no time to set loss and sell limits most likely. If it drops back 50%, I’m going to buy a bit and try for a quick 50% run, not going to hold long, maybe minutes.

I don’t know what will happen, but he’s has a million sheeple that buy in on the rise and he takes their money every time. He’s usually sold out by the time they are buying in.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Was just reading that Bureau of Labor Statistics has admitted they had an error in todays unemployment statistics and the true number is 16% unemployment and not 13.3% 😲 Not accurate? Say it ain't so. I would have bet my life on these numbers being accurate.

Funnier is that they knew they had the mistake and put measures in place ahead of time to correct it. Wouldn't you know, for some reason the corrective measures didn't work when they pulled together todays numbers. 🤔

Gotta keep that market climbing!

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
So take this with a grain of salt, but I’ll be watching Monday morning for a scalp.

The guy who pushed, pumped CETX all last weekend when it closed at a dollar, opened and ran to $3.18, then dropped by half to $1.58 and proceeded to run to $2.50 is pumping a new one now. It’s SPCB. Now this is a gamble so dont do it if you can’t move and trade fast, no time to set loss and sell limits most likely. If it drops back 50%, I’m going to buy a bit and try for a quick 50% run, not going to hold long, maybe minutes.

I don’t know what will happen, but he’s has a million sheeple that buy in on the rise and he takes their money every time. He’s usually sold out by the time they are buying in.

The ol pump and dump

Usmcff

WKR
I bought a decent bit of stocks in carnival, Twitter, and royal caribbean while they were down. Snapchat is another good one if you catch it on the low.

Broomd

WKR
Anybody have any input on IVR?....looks like many of these REITs are going to be the last to the recovery party.
I'm thinking that 5K shares with about a (likely?) $6 gain or more would be a fine way to celebrate Christmas this year. That's 30 large right there....

There are a few others out there like this too, the obivous ones we've discussed here are GPMT and NYMT.

Johnboy

WKR
OPEC has agreed to extend the production cut. Monday could a fun day in the oil market.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Anybody have any input on IVR?....looks like many of these REITs are going to be the last to the recovery party.
I'm thinking that 5K shares with about a (likely?) $6 gain or more would be a fine way to celebrate Christmas this year. That's 30 large right there....

There are a few others out there like this too, the obivous ones we've discussed here are GPMT and NYMT.

I’ve got some IVR and been very happy with it. It sure has jumped a lot lately, and I think it’s a long term hold for me. Also another point in its favor is they’re still paying out their $.50 quarterly dividend per share. So I picked up quite a bit for under $3 and at the end of June I’ve got a pending dividend payment from IVR that represents roughly 20%ish of the value of the stock at the time I bought. Very satisfied with them so far

Broomd

WKR
I’ve got some IVR and been very happy with it. It sure has jumped a lot lately, and I think it’s a long term hold for me. Also another point in its favor is they’re still paying out their $.50 quarterly dividend per share. So I picked up quite a bit for under $3 and at the end of June I’ve got a pending dividend payment from IVR that represents roughly 20%ish of the value of the stock at the time I bought. Very satisfied with them so far
Good for you! Thats excellent. I read an expose at SA and it wasn't exactly gushing due to IVRs debt and likely waning dividend concerns, but we all know that most of these REITs are hurting.
OPEC has agreed to extend the production cut. Monday could a fun day in the oil market.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hopeful! Love to see CDEV push towards $2!

Good for you! Thats excellent. I read an expose at SA and it wasn't exactly gushing due to IVRs debt and likely waning dividend concerns, but we all know

Yeah I’ve read different articles that had some differing opinions on their debt and state of their dividend. But I decided to dip my toes in the pool anyway.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider

I’d try to wait and pick it up cheaper than it currently is. Best case you’d get it mid to upper $2’s. I’d be game to pick some up there. TWO is one I swing trade on occasion. Fundamentally, I’m not the one to speak on whether one is better than the other for a longer term hold.

Broomd

WKR
Thanks fellas.

For the shale holders...
“I see a case for West Texas Intermediate to approach $70 a barrel this fall,” Eberhart told Markets Insider.

It's not too late, still serious money to be made.

Thanks fellas.

For the shale holders...
“I see a case for West Texas Intermediate to approach $70 a barrel this fall,” Eberhart told Markets Insider.

It's not too late, still serious money to be made.

In light of this potential good news, what oil stocks do people have their eyes on?

mwebs

WKR
Thought I was being smart taking profits on Friday.... Starting to look like Monday might continue the rally, really wishing I had held all my oil stocks....

agtex42

FNG
I played it safe and just threw some cash in my money market account, but last I checked the share price was up 17%. Not a bad ROI but I don’t exactly play the market, just trying to stay consistent over time and there ought to be enough in there to retire comfortably!