The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
Best thing i did last week was entirely change my strategy with the current way the market reacts and moves. I sold all my oil including my large holding of cdev after being tired of watching plays i was missing cause of it...i dumped my entire portfolio into WKHS based on my research and due diligence belief it is a strong company... im up over 125% this week and climbing. I believe if you want to make money in this market you need to adapt to how it is moving. No doubt the oil plays will work out eventually, but in 5 days i doubled my portfolio and could buy back everything i sold with an entire other chunk to keep day trading and swinging... find what works for you, but I'll be adapting weekly and trying to make money while catalyst stocks take off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You were very lucky putting everything in one basket, happy for you though.
That stock recommendation would have been appreciated a couple of weeks ago.

mntnguide

WKR
You were very lucky putting everything in one basket, happy for you though.
That stock recommendation would have been appreciated a couple of weeks ago.
Yes i was. I am a risk taker and by no means expected it to boom this week like it has. I was down 4k a day after buying and thought of selling, instead i went into the hills for 4 days and came out to great news. If i expected it to go up like it has i would have mentioned something, but it was entirely a somewhat hopeful and calculated gamble that has worked out. But, i will try to be better about sharing my thoughts, but i am very far from a confident trader so i hate giving much for advice cause I definitely didn't expect 100% return in 5 days

EastMT

WKR
Well CRK is paying off well, CDEV flat, GENE swing is getting better. Pretty slow week for me, up a bit but the market is changing for sure. Much more caution except for any news relating to EV or Covid, then it rockets. I made a nice 46% scalp on MYOS, other than that I’ve been pretty busy this week.

WRO

WKR
Opko did well byfc was a good win for me today as well..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Dropped about a grand into GNUS (Genius) the last 2 weeks dollar cost averaging. It's been bouncing between $2.20-3.00 for a week and rebounded to $3.50 today. Hoping it will be $6-10 in the next year.

rob86jeep

WKR
I dropped some money on GNUS a few days ago. It slipped some more but recovered today to get me back in the profits. I also started trying to learn options (some on GNUS and some on CDEV). The GNUS options were up 300 percent today (giving me about 30 percent profit based on how far they dropped the last few days). After seeing how wildly they can swing, I understand how people make a ton of money on option trading (but I'm sure people lose a ton as well).

EastMT

WKR
Monday there is supposed to be news out on GNUS. The last time news dropped it ran to almost $12, before sinking to $2. If it bounces again to $10, I’d be out so fast.

Attachments

• 5E2740E3-7F5E-45AB-A0D0-6EC9D5A86ECF.jpeg
    5E2740E3-7F5E-45AB-A0D0-6EC9D5A86ECF.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 59
I was so tempted late Friday to cash out on it and make a tiny profit, but calmer thoughts prevailed and hoping for big news Monday. Regardless should have good value in a year if not Monday hopefully.

pck5038

FNG
Just wondering who's taking advantage of this little dip in the market to buy some stocks on sale?

I like cruise lines. Carnivals always a good company and the Oil companies are getting hit.
Anytime is a good time to buy if you don’t sell for 10 years

rob86jeep

WKR
Monday there is supposed to be news out on GNUS. The last time news dropped it ran to almost $12, before sinking to $2. If it bounces again to $10, I’d be out so fast.
I was really close to closing out my position near the end of the trading day yesterday (Thursday) but decided to let it ride one more day hoping hype/gains would continue through Friday morning. I should have paid more attention to the dates though as the market was closed today for Independence day... Completely my fault and hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass.

EastMT

WKR
I was really close to closing out my position near the end of the trading day yesterday (Thursday) but decided to let it ride one more day hoping hype/gains would continue through Friday morning. I should have paid more attention to the dates though as the market was closed today for Independence day... Completely my fault and hopefully it doesn't bite me in the ass.

ee182d6902937f85fdb76ea19c44bfdd.jpg

I’d say you’ll get a nice bump by mid morning Monday, says “exciting business development”

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Suggest looking at CYDY. Ignore, or understand, the cliff drop last week. Product potential is very interesting.

Mosby

WKR
I buy rental properties. I am all about income and tax write offs at this stage of my life. Selling raw land in PA right now. Keeping the gas leases for income and will roll the revenue off the land portion into another rental property. Ultimately, two incomes off one property I bought 20 years ago.

WRO

WKR
Suggest looking at CYDY. Ignore, or understand, the cliff drop last week. Product potential is very interesting.
It was a pump and dump, they're upside is pretty big.

I got scared and sold, then bought back in for a nice profit.

I've cleared 18k off of it since march..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mntnguide

WKR
Im keeping an eye on all EV sector stocks again this week...solo, nio, ayro, wkhs. Im still holding large position in wkhs and will see how it handles the beginning of the week and if i will cash out and take profits elsewhere. Also keeping an eye on GNUS with news coming out, made good money the last time it went parabolic