The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Buffett just pulled the trigger on Dominion Energy and purchased their assets for $10 billion. Curious to see what kind of effect this will have on the energy sector?

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
.... i will try to be better about sharing my thoughts, but i am very far from a confident trader so i hate giving much for advice cause I definitely didn't expect 100% return in 5 days

Saying what you are buying and giving advice are two totally different things. The only folks I have seen giving advice in this thread are Boglehead/Dave Ramsey parrots who pop in and troll to let us know how silly we are for investing in individual stocks.

I have bought stocks based on this thread, have made some money, and lost some money. The only time I lost money was when I let my emotions get the best of me. Had I stayed put I would have made (lots) of money on every single one. But anytime I have sold at a loss I have never once thought that it was the fault of someone on here. Feel free to let us know what you are buying....that's what this thread is for.

Just picked up some ET

EastMT

WKR
Saying what you are buying and giving advice are two totally different things. The only folks I have seen giving advice in this thread are Boglehead/Dave Ramsey parrots who pop in and troll to let us know how silly we are for investing in individual stocks.

I have bought stocks based on this thread, have made some money, and lost some money. The only time I lost money was when I let my emotions get the best of me. Had I stayed put I would have made (lots) of money on every single one. But anytime I have sold at a loss I have never once thought that it was the fault of someone on here. Feel free to let us know what you are buying....that's what this thread is for.

Just picked up some ET

Well I’ll give some advice, the high percentage of people would do better in mutual funds and index funds, but where’s the fun in that?

I could also live in a single wide, drive a carbonated 1981 F150 ranger, and quit hunting and fishing to save money living on $0.49 chicken thighs. Buuuutttt I do things that sometimes aren’t as profitable as the alternative because I enjoy it lol.

The last 3 months you could almost randomly pick stocks and make 100%. Now is the time to do more research, study, make educated decisions and not be blinded by the easy money of the last quarter. That’s was a once in a lifetime dip and rebound, careful is the word now in flat-ish trading.

CRSP starting to payoff. Been flirting with that triple top for a while. Hopefully it'll gap to $100+

D has some pretty serious options action at the $90-100 price point for July 17th calls.

NOK, ERIC are starting to break through.

Looks like I'll just be watching today.

WRO

WKR
BYFC is a black owned bank, they're supposed to get 100 million dollars in netflix money and other woke investors..

It's been up quite a bit,

EastMT

WKR
So apparently this “exciting news” from GNUS pres isn’t the first time he’s got everyone excited over nothing.

3ec2e56afe709144ffd235b79ff7841e.jpg

AYRO dumps an offering after a good run, that happens a lot with fast runs on these, I take early profits sometimes but haven’t got caught in an offering yet.

CRK is killing it for me the last couple weeks, I bought some BLU in the $2.50’s today, hold it for a bit. Up 20% so far. Might wash it if I clear 30%, but not sure yet.

I warned you if I bought CDEV what would happen. I’m water to your oil.

NDGuy

WKR
So apparently this “exciting news” from GNUS pres isn’t the first time he’s got everyone excited over nothing.
I wouldn't call any partnership with Stan Lee boring. Definitely positive news, I think people were just expecting some acquisition or buyout. Being involved with Stan Lee's publications is great long term news IMO.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Any thoughts on copper mining outfits? Looks like supply is decreasing and demand going up. Lots of copper used in EV batteries. I came across the Resolution Copper mine project a couple of weeks ago, a JV between Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton. Then saw this on SeekingAlpha:

I've done zero research so far on any of these companies or any research on the copper market beyond a handful of articles.

EastMT

WKR
Any thoughts on copper mining outfits? Looks like supply is decreasing and demand going up. Lots of copper used in EV batteries. I came across the Resolution Copper mine project a couple of weeks ago, a JV between Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton. Then saw this on SeekingAlpha:

I've done zero research so far on any of these companies or any research on the copper market beyond a handful of articles.

I’ve read a few articles that copper is gonna shoot way up, but not sure what to think about it. It’s on my radar as well, but still unsure

EastMT

WKR
CDEV made me money the first 3 times I bought it.....it's killing me right now, down 40%!!!

Insider buys, most were in the .89 range. Zero sales, that should be a good sign. I might average down if it drops more, right now only down about 5%, so not worth avg down, I’ll see what happens here.

The RSI is about 30, dropped under that so should throw a few oversold alerts.

The VWAP is mid .80’s, so should see some bounce soon I hope

Johnboy

WKR
FET is getting killed too. The "B" word was mentioned in the context of financial restructuring, and the market freaked. It's either a great time to double down, or a great time to light some cash on fire. Not sure which.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
FET is getting killed too. The "B" word was mentioned in the context of financial restructuring, and the market freaked. It's either a great time to double down, or a great time to light some cash on fire. Not sure which.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well I lowered my avg there at .8125. Don’t know if it’s a good idea, but I’ll wait it out if necessary. I have more than my 10% of penny portfolio per stock in this now, against my own rule. Hopefully it doesn’t bite

Johnboy

WKR
Well I lowered my avg there at .8125. Don’t know if it’s a good idea, but I’ll wait it out if necessary. I have more than my 10% of penny portfolio per stock in this now, against my own rule. Hopefully it doesn’t bite

One theory I've seen is that the "bankruptcy" word is floated out in order to encourage debt holders to protect their skin in the game by allowing more time. If that's true, and debt holders comply, the stock price should benefit. If not, it's gonna sting.

EastMT

WKR
It seems to me every since CHK burned some many people that all small oil has been pretty rough. I don’t know if it made people oil shy or what but we are at $40, with cutbacks on spending etc, I would think we should be gaining not losing but hard to tell in this market

Broomd

WKR
CDEV made me money the first 3 times I bought it.....it's killing me right now, down 40%!!!

It's a marathon, fellas....not a sprint.
Hey, it's frustrating, I get it. No one said it would be easy. I've done my share of venting lately, my wife is sick of hearing it from me, grin.
Almost all oil/energy is down in spite of $41 WTI--this is COVID bullsh!t.

I like Coop and enjoy his take here, but I pay zero attention to the CDEV noise. We all read the pump and dump stuff with CDEV when it bottomed 6-7 weeks ago and then it popped June 8th. That was a 700% gain from April 20th to June 8th. 7 0 0 %...
And yes, BK is a possibility, it's a risk that concerns me, I'm holding 10K of FET; but the solid oil companies (CDEV, QEP, etc,) riding out Covid are once-in-a-lifetime buys. By September things *should* be vastly different.
Diversify, but hold some of these shales into late Summer for sure....just my take. Do your DD..

@Broomd Me liking your post is guaranteed good stock market mojo right??

I agree with your opinion about how oil will bounce back and we’re seeing some bargain deals right now. I really hope that ends up being true...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
005d39d7a9f733caa57c8f5981558ae3.jpg

I bought this at $4.15 last week, it has a history of dipping into the $4’s, going back to the high 7’s to 8’s in the last year. If it dips back into the low to mid $4’s I’ll double down for a couple month swing. Going all the way back to 2017, $4 has been the low.